Holster options for S&W 686 6"?

PDA

drastic
June 18, 2011, 02:50 AM
I have found a grand total of 2... can you guys PLEASE suggest other options for me? I'm willing to consider pretty much anything you'd hang on a belt that's not cross-draw.

Thanks all!

(btw, anyone know if the Fobus Roto for S&W L-frames will allow the 6" barrel to stick out the bottom? it's listed for 4" ones)

If you enjoyed reading about "Holster options for S&W 686 6"?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
StrawHat
June 18, 2011, 07:56 AM
Simply Rugged will make one.

I have used the Bianchi 5BH for mine, when it wasn't in a duty holster or a competition holster.

http://www.simplyrugged.com/

Walking Dead
June 18, 2011, 09:49 AM
Try to look at Triple K products.

RugerMcMarlin
June 18, 2011, 02:18 PM
The one I use is a Bianchi thumb break with a forward rake like the FBI holster. I was for the mod 29 44Mag, 6". but the L frame fits it perfect. #5BHL. They seem kind of expensive,
but I think I have had this one, 20 or 25 years.

If the Fobus says 4", and your gun is 6", expect it to stick out approximately 2".

oerllikon
June 18, 2011, 08:56 PM
I had a fobus for my GP100 6", and the barrel stuck out the end. I get a fobus when I can, they hold close to the body, and dong wiggle much

RugerMcMarlin
June 18, 2011, 09:36 PM
oerllikon, Fobus should be good though .
For the other deal , I don't know how to respond.

drastic
June 19, 2011, 01:24 AM
Thanks all for the help!

Hoth206
June 20, 2011, 01:03 AM
I carry a 6" Ruger Security six in a Triple K Carry-lite. Nothing fancy, but for beating around the ranch it works great.

splithoof
June 20, 2011, 01:44 AM
I just ordered a Comp-Tac, a kydex holster with a good reputation. It will be used for a 4" 686. I have had holsters by Fobus, and they have not held up too well for a sidearm carried for hard ranch work. On one example, the rivets eventually loosened, making it useless. One word of caution when using Kydex holsters: many times the finish on your gun will show wear at the contact points. In my case, it does not matter, as sidearms are tools where function trumps apperarance any day. If it is a stainless gun, the contact points will become shiny, as is the case with a 686 & 625 I have extensive use with. In some ways, this adds character to show that the gun is more than some safe queen.

If you enjoyed reading about "Holster options for S&W 686 6"?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!