Is that computer worm making this forum slow?

PDA

kalibear45
January 26, 2003, 09:40 PM
Seems like the net is a lot more slower these days :uhoh: I keep having to double, triple, quadruple click on links to threads. Anybody having the same trouble?

If you enjoyed reading about "Is that computer worm making this forum slow?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jmbg29
January 26, 2003, 09:50 PM
Yep!

QuickDraw
January 26, 2003, 10:00 PM
Kalibear45,
I was wondering the same thing!
The plot thickens. :scrutiny:

QuickDraw

PATH
January 26, 2003, 10:01 PM
It is moving a tad bit slow!

Derek Zeanah
January 26, 2003, 11:37 PM
But then, Sunday is generally the slowest night, and the Superbowl might have distracted some people. ;)

Don't know -- as far as I can tell everything on this end is running smoothly. I think my local ISP rebooted their routers last night as I saw about 4 minutes of down-time, but other than that...

Greybeard
January 26, 2003, 11:59 PM
Sunday nights are typically the time I have the most difficult time not getting disconnected by my ISP. I'm still on a dinosaur dial-up modem and think Sunday night is when our Texas-only ISP often has the most traffic.

On the other hand the statistics generated by our web site service provider indicate that the most traffic at our (gun range) web site happens mostly from approximately 9 to 6 Monday thru Friday ...

' Saw a post elsewhere today that the current worm may get worse as Corp. America spools up again tomorrow ...

MitchSchaft
January 27, 2003, 01:01 AM
Yep!

And you know this how? :confused:

cratz2
January 27, 2003, 01:32 AM
And you know this how?

How does he know that he's having problems opening threads? :confused:

It comes and goes for me. Yesterday I don't think I had a single problem. Today, I've probably clicked 100 times to open 30 threads.

Kahr carrier
January 27, 2003, 08:00 AM
Works fine for me.:)

triggertime
January 27, 2003, 02:11 PM
kalibear45,

The worm attacks Microsoft SQL servers left foolishly unsecured, not linux based servers running the Apache webserver. The slowness that we experience here is obviously due to growth and popularity.

If you enjoyed reading about "Is that computer worm making this forum slow?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!