remington

PDA

sheetmetal
June 28, 2011, 12:34 PM
does anyone know what a remington shotgun patented 1903 and 1905 model10 #u4489 full choke would be worth.thank you

If you enjoyed reading about "remington" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
smurfman
June 28, 2011, 05:54 PM
I have a pair of them, one plain barrel, full choke, good wood, no cracks or major dings nor has it been refinished, most of the bluing is gone but no rust or pitting, shell carrier has no play in it: $125, maybe $150 to the right buyer.
The other is a "trap" model with a solid rib, full choke, very good wood, about half the bluing is missing, no rust nor pitting, carrier has slight amount of play, letter from original owner (noted local/state trapshooter back 100 years ago): $150-$200 depending on buyer.
Blue Book may be a bit higher but are not realistic in this model based on my experiences. It is dated and ithas a few issues which can make it problematic. I find them to be very neat guns but there is not much interest in them at the moment.

sheetmetal
July 1, 2011, 11:27 AM
Thank you very much for the speedy response about the value of the gun

Jim K
July 3, 2011, 08:28 PM
Unless the gun is near new and falls into the collectible category, value is not high, about what smurfman says. And if the gun needs work or parts, all I can say is good luck.

Jim

Jim Watson
July 3, 2011, 09:05 PM
Agreed.
My Neighbor the Gunsmith hated to see a Model 10 or 29 coming in, they are a pain to work on.

He called the Model 12 Winchester the Gunsmith's Friend. Sturdy but not bulletproof, they often need help and when he was working, parts and techniques were available.
HE shot a Remington Model 31, which I agree was a very fine pumpgun.

Jim K
July 6, 2011, 12:06 AM
I am with your neighbor on the Model 10 and 29, Pedersen guns both. At the time, some parts were available but mostly we tried to make parts (a PITA) or weld/braze to fix the old ones.

The Model 12 was OK but a lot of owners and gunsmiths didn't know the carrier screw has left hand threads and ruined the screw or even the trigger guard trying to get out the "frozen" screw.

Jim

If you enjoyed reading about "remington" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!