FAMAS rifles

PDA

natedog
January 18, 2004, 05:21 PM
I doubt any of these are in the US in civilian semi-auto only, but has anyone shot one of these rifles? Handled? I could have sworn that I saw the trademark long carry handle of one sticking out of CA Highway Patrol officers gun rack.

If you enjoyed reading about "FAMAS rifles" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Badger Arms
January 18, 2004, 05:26 PM
My dad's gun store had them for sale in the 80's, so I know a few semi-autos made it into circulation. Good rifle, hard on brass is the general word I get. I understand they have a fluted chamber. Frenchies had such a hassle, they use steel cased ammo now. By all accounts, an excellent rifle. They are compact and handle well. The ballance in my hands was superb... better than the AUG that I handled at the same time. Controls were a bit awkward, but would have been better with time. The obvious disadvantages of the bullpup design were all that I would highlight. Were it me, I'd pick it over any other bullpup I've handled.

Badger Arms
January 18, 2004, 05:35 PM
Just a note, it's listed in the 1987 Gun Digest as being imported by Century Arms.

TonyRumore
January 18, 2004, 05:46 PM
I believe Century imported about 50 or so FAMAS rifles. There was also a .22RF copy imported by Mitchel Arms that was made by Armi Jager in Italy. I have one of those with a suppressor on it.

If you enjoyed reading about "FAMAS rifles" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!