Need holster help

PDA

jrbrown1991
July 3, 2011, 02:11 AM
I have a picatinny mounted lasermax, and it turns on while I'm walking around because the lever is pushed to one side or the other.

Are there any holsters made for this device that I can learn from?
Or, do you know how I can prevent this from happening?

Thanks.

If you enjoyed reading about "Need holster help" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Sunray
July 3, 2011, 03:09 AM
Hi. Holsters are about the pistol. Sounds like the holster you have isn't made for a pistol with a lazer sight. You need one that's made for your pistol with a lazer sight or you have to make one.
Personally, I'd take the lazer off. Real life isn't like TV.

jrbrown1991
July 3, 2011, 03:18 AM
I know this holster isn't made for it, that's why I asked about ones that are, for me to learn from.....

Sunray
July 3, 2011, 04:13 AM
Hi. You need a holster that's made to fit a pistol with a laser switch.
Lasermax lists holsters, from assorted makers, who make 'em, on their site. Very decidedly not cheap. The word 'custom' is used a lot. So is 'Call for pricing'. $90 plus isn't unusual. Neither is $200.
Personally, I hate paying for something I can make. Haven't bought a holster, mag pouch, knife sheath or belt(a good gun belt is just as important as the holster) for eons.
Got a Tandy's Leather Shop near you? Tandy's has how-to books and the leather. Making a holster isn't difficult nor rocket science and it takes minimal sewing skills and tools. Look for 'How to make Practical Pistol Leather' by J. David McFarland. Tells you how to make your own holster patterns.
Once you learn to make your own holsters and mag pouches, you'll never buy another.

If you enjoyed reading about "Need holster help" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!