1911 magazines

PDA

Water-Man
July 3, 2011, 09:47 AM
I haven't purchased any for quite some time. I'd like to hear what you guys consider the one to depend on when you really need it for a full-size government. I've been using Wilson Combat.

If you enjoyed reading about "1911 magazines" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rbernie
July 3, 2011, 10:00 AM
I prefer the CheckMate tapered lip magazines. You can usually buy them from Colt, from Dan Wesson, or straight from CheckMate.

mesinge2
July 3, 2011, 10:03 AM
I like Tripp Cobras, Chip McCormick Powermags, and Wilson ETM mags

bredda
July 3, 2011, 10:27 AM
Wilson 47D seven rounders...

rbernie
July 3, 2011, 10:34 AM
Good article on 1911 magazine design here:

http://how-i-did-it.org/magazines/

jahwarrior
July 3, 2011, 11:46 AM
i have a dozen or so from different brands: Mecgar, Chip McCormack, Shooting Star, Novak, Kimber, plus a bunch of factory mags from Colt, Taurus, Springfield Aromory, and a few milspecs. the only ones that gave me any trouble were one of the milspecs and the Novak mag. the rest function flawlessly. avoid any "novelty" mags, like the 30 round ones. those have never worked for me.

Water-Man
July 3, 2011, 05:36 PM
Thanks for the article rbernie. I have in fact read it and it was quite interesting.

skoro
July 5, 2011, 10:11 AM
I'd like to hear what you guys consider the one to depend on when you really need it for a full-size government.

I've used Chip Mc's Shooting Stars for my Gov't and Commander models for years. Never a hint of trouble.

Gunner4h1r3
July 5, 2011, 02:43 PM
I have been using mostly Chip McCormick mags (8 and 10 rounders for my Gov't RIA) and Mec-Gar mags (6 rounders for my Colt Compact) for the past three years and have had no problems.

colt1911fan
July 5, 2011, 03:06 PM
When I feel like spending the money i get the chip mccormicks but I usually just buy the 7 dollar GI mags at cheaper then dirt they work great in all of my 1911s sometimes they need a little bit of filing on the lips

jojo200517
July 5, 2011, 04:33 PM
I like the Chip McCormicks I picked up. They are a bit expensive but they work well for me. Better than factory para ord mags.

If you enjoyed reading about "1911 magazines" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!