Who sells Arisaka rifles?

PDA

m.i.sanders
January 18, 2004, 09:50 PM
Who sells Arisaka rifles? I've been doing some searches out on the net, but I haven't had that many positive hits. The ones I have found seem to be a bit on the high side in price. Any one have a source for these that are fairly resonable?

If you enjoyed reading about "Who sells Arisaka rifles?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Snowdog
January 18, 2004, 11:06 PM
I'm in the same boat as you. I've been hunting an Arisaka for months now. The only requirement is that it must be in halfway decent shape and not the "last ditch" series. Heck, I'm not even concerned about a crossed out or ground down mum.
I believe I will wait for my C&R to arrive before I continue my search.

I've found some prospects on Auction Arms, so you might want to try there if you haven't already.

Triad
January 18, 2004, 11:35 PM
You might find one at Empire Arms. (http://www.empirearms.com/)

Ian
January 18, 2004, 11:38 PM
Since there aren't any countries around who've stockpiled Arisakas (AFAIK), there aren't and won't be any major shipments to surplus dealers, like there are and have been with Mosins, Mausers, Enfields, and others. I think your only choice is to find them one by one in the haves of individuals and gun shops.

Sylvilagus Aquaticus
January 19, 2004, 10:51 AM
Geez, I remember in the mid 1980's folks were selling case lots of Arisaka ammo and throwing in 5 Type 38's as an incentive to buy the ammo.

I guess those days are long gone.

Regards,
Rabbit.

OEF_VET
January 19, 2004, 04:57 PM
For those of you looking for Arisakas', be warned, the ammo ain't cheap! The only commercial manufacturer is Norma, and their prices are in the $40 per 20 round box range. Of course, if you reload, you can do it for less than 15 - 20 cents per round, plus the cost of brass and dies.

As for finding a rifle, check the gun shows in your area. I occassionally see some at the shows here in Nashville, so you may have some luck. Gunbroker might also be a good bet.

Frank

m.i.sanders
January 19, 2004, 06:54 PM
Thanks for the info. I've done some searches and found oldguns.net. They seem to have a some milsurps plus some other interesting collectables. Has anyone done any business with them?

Bainx
January 19, 2004, 07:37 PM
Snowdog, you can still find one at Knoxville gun shows, well, every other one anyway [7.7]. And, yes, the ammo is very expensive. You can find reloaded ammo with brass made from 30-06 for about half price of the new stuff. Reloading is obviously the way to go if you are going to shoot these.

I recall a few years ago, people scoffed at these rifles. Fortunately, my father got one about 40 years ago. Up on the wall, it was referred to as "that old scrap Japanese rifle". After I took it down off the wall about three years ago and researched and cleaned it up, it turned out to be an excellent specimen except the mum is ground off [:mad: ]
Otherwise, a great addition to a C&R collection.
I predict this will be one of the rifles that C&R people will be willing to pay big bucks for several years from now.

If you enjoyed reading about "Who sells Arisaka rifles?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!