To all Pro 2000 or Piggyback users - Please help me out.

PDA

Peter M. Eick
July 10, 2011, 08:33 PM
Pro 2000 users. Can you all help me out here?

http://www.uniquetek.com/site/696296/page/652231#pro_2000

If you go to the bottom of the page, you can see a nicely machine die plate that is being contemplated for the pro2000. I have emailed Lee Love the project manager and he said they need about 25 orders to make it worth machining them out. He said that they have had just a few orders so far.

I would like to try this out as I don't really like how loose my die plate is on the press. I need some other interesed Pro2000 or Piggyback 3/4 users to email him if you are interested.

Look it over. This one makes sense to me so I am encouraging you to consider it.

As a point of order I have no affiliation with the company, I just want the product.

If you enjoyed reading about "To all Pro 2000 or Piggyback users - Please help me out." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Tom488
July 10, 2011, 10:02 PM
I'm in for two of them...

GW Staar
July 12, 2011, 11:15 AM
Bumping so more RCBS users will see your post. BTW, they have Dillon "improved" heads for sale too, for what it's worth.

I'm thinking about it. (dangerous, I know)

Thing is, I'm not sure it isn't an answer to a problem that doesn't exist. Anybody who uses a Dillon or an RCBS progressive with removable die plates (tool heads) knows that there is a bit of looseness and play, but that is one of the reasons I like the tool head method. As long as you aren't ramming the cases home as fast and hard as you can, the play allows some self-centering, which I consider an advantage over the Hornady method of rigidity, and dependance wholly on factory tolerances to provide you with low run-out ammo. I don't think factory tolerances in equipment in the price scale we are talking about are that tight.

As for the more perfect thread cutting and plate flatness they extol, possible I suppose, but will it really make a difference?

I think their R&D methods are interesting: come up with an idea, get a hundred people willing to foot the R&D bill and build the first run with little risk, customers pay for tooling, and you have built-in testers........novel.

On the other hand $70 for two plates isn't a terrible risk for anybody...is it?;) At worst you pay $70 for parts that don't do anything much different, but at best you improve an already great reloading system.......hmmm.....worth a try? Who else is trying to improve the art right now, that you know about and can take part in. :)

jtmo3
July 12, 2011, 11:35 AM
I would tend to agree with GW. It seems like a solution looking for a problem that really doesn't exist. If you need one, great. I sure wouldn't replace the ones I have with these. The ones I use all work without ANY issues.

Tom488
July 12, 2011, 10:48 PM
That's pretty much the way I see it.... I don't NEED them, but what the heck - I'll give 'em a try. I'm going to need some more die plates anyway, so for me it's not a $70 risk.... it's a $32 risk - because I'd pay $38 for a pair of regular die plates from Midway anyway.

Peter M. Eick
July 16, 2011, 07:14 PM
I am with Tom. I doubt it will make things worse, but it is worth the experiement. To me I think it just looks interesting and worth a try.

If you enjoyed reading about "To all Pro 2000 or Piggyback users - Please help me out." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!