Herbert -Schmiut (Schmidt) revolver

PDA

celmar5857
July 11, 2011, 07:45 PM
Son-in-law gave me a Herbert-Schmiut revolver It is stamped Germany with a serial number. I know company was founded in 1919. There are 3 very small marks in front of cylinder. Similar to silver smiths marks. Need a magnifying glass to read them. How can I identify this as a "blanks" pistol? and the caliber of the gun. Looks like a .22. The grip is brown plastic-like material. marked HS in a circle.

If you enjoyed reading about "Herbert -Schmiut (Schmidt) revolver" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
SDC
July 11, 2011, 10:27 PM
Herbert Schmidt made both blank-firing (starter pistols) and real guns, usually on the same frame, but if yours was made specifically as a blank gun, the barrel will be wholly or partially blocked, and the cylinder may also be partially blocked to prevent anyone from loading a bulleted cartridge. Pictures would also help.

Jim K
July 11, 2011, 11:52 PM
The marks are probably German proof marks. Those guns are not, to put it mildly, well thought of, but they did have to pass proof.

Jim

If you enjoyed reading about "Herbert -Schmiut (Schmidt) revolver" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!