New to cans have a question

PDA

biga972
July 13, 2011, 03:40 PM
Is is possible to have one can that could go from pistol to .223,300 blk?

I have 9mm, 40 cal, 45 cal, .223 and soon to have a 300Blk is there one can that would work for all? with the cans and stamp being so much not sure how many I would be able to do, so I would like to find one to fit them all.:confused:

If you enjoyed reading about "New to cans have a question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JustinJ
July 13, 2011, 04:18 PM
A 7.62 can can be used with most any smaller rifle caliber round. I guess theoretically it could be mounted on a pistol with a smaller caliber than 7.62 but good luck aiming that thing.

A .45 can can be used with any smaller pistol round as well but not with a rifle caliber. At least not safely to my knowledge.

Watchman
July 13, 2011, 09:02 PM
You can get a can rated up to .300 mag that works well.
The problem is that most pistol cans do not have the same threads as rifle cans.

When you try to use a can for a caliber that it is not specifcially for it, it wont be as efficient or quiet and you must be sure that the opening in the baffles are big enough.

9mm is .355 where as .300 blackout is .308. 45 is .451 so there is a lot of difference there.

While some 9mm cans sound pretty good on a .300 Blackout, some dont.

Rifle cans are built much heavier then pistol cans because they take a lot more blast and they see more pressure.

There is no "one can" for all calibers.It just dosent work that way.

biga972
July 14, 2011, 09:13 AM
Ok I thought that might be the case

LiquidTension
July 14, 2011, 03:16 PM
Yeah you're looking at at least two cans there. If it were me, I'd go with an Osprey .45 for the pistols and an AAC 762SDN6 for the rifles. There's no reason to skimp on suppressors because there isn't much of a used market due to the transfer tax. If you're going to have it forever, might as well buy quality the first time.

If you enjoyed reading about "New to cans have a question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!