Gun sales in Arizona on record pace

PDA

JohnBiltz
July 15, 2011, 11:57 PM
http://azdailysun.com/news/state-and-regional/gun-sales-in-arizona-on-record-pace/article_ef42559f-fe37-56ba-a766-f8f70c61d000.html
It appears likely that more than 200,000 new weapons will be put in buyers' hands after background checks this year. That figure doesn't include firearms bought at gun shows or through private deals. Those sales are thought to make up about 40 percent of all sales. That could put total sales in Arizona this year at about 350,000.

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun sales in Arizona on record pace" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
armoredman
July 16, 2011, 12:03 AM
And people wonder why I like it here. :)

Twiki357
July 16, 2011, 02:41 AM
+1 Looks like this is an AZ thread. :D

Blackrock
July 16, 2011, 02:50 AM
Proud to be from the free state of Arizona.

JackCrow
July 16, 2011, 03:18 AM
I am proud to be a part of this statistic.

Panzercat
July 16, 2011, 04:34 AM
Here here.
Love this state.

Ed4032
July 16, 2011, 05:57 AM
Is the author of the article suggesting that most sales are made at gun shows with no back ground check? I don't believe this is correct. Therefore the total number may be lower. But still great news about AZ.

Kerf
July 16, 2011, 06:34 AM
What should be expected of a populace facing an on-going invasion with no end in sight? Doormats, that say "Welcome to the USA"?

25 or so years ago, I was looking at buying property in AZ; but in every upscale neighborhood I was shown, half the homes had bars on their doors and windows. Really don't want to live with bars on my windows.

That, plus the fact that, the last 100 years have been the wettest in AZ in the last 12000 years. There's a big problem for down the road!

kerf

Sav .250
July 16, 2011, 07:14 AM
With numbers like that (guns) no wonder the bad-guys are getting out of'
town! :)

Ole Coot
July 16, 2011, 10:44 AM
Sounds like people showing independence which they should. From what I read AZ seems to be one of the main targets of the present administration simply by showing they are Americans and need protection because of the open border policy of the present administration. I salute the people of AZ for standing up for their rights.

Double Naught Spy
July 16, 2011, 11:19 AM
Yes and 17 of them remained north of the border! :scrutiny:

Panzercat
July 16, 2011, 01:07 PM
What should be expected of a populace facing an on-going invasion with no end in sight? Doormats, that say "Welcome to the USA"?

25 or so years ago, I was looking at buying property in AZ; but in every upscale neighborhood I was shown, half the homes had bars on their doors and windows. Really don't want to live with bars on my windows.

That, plus the fact that, the last 100 years have been the wettest in AZ in the last 12000 years. There's a big problem for down the road!

kerf
Cool story bro. :rolleyes:

Ignition Override
July 16, 2011, 01:32 PM
Kerf:
Those bars on doors become a death trap with a fire.

Nobody could pay me to put bars on windows, which also blocks what could be a nice view.

threefeathers
July 16, 2011, 01:38 PM
I admit to having 2 gns on layaway right now and having picked up another last month.

gamestalker
July 16, 2011, 08:28 PM
Along with the bars on windows thing it should also be noted that states such as AZ. that don't impeed our right bear arms, has over 30% lower violent crime per cap..
The bars serve as a way to prevent burglery of my home when I'm not home. Other wise, the bad guys get to choose which weapon he will have to be shot with. And now that we can carry in any manner that we so choose withut the CCW permit, the playing field is a bit more leveled. Add to that our new self defense law, and you have a recipe for unabstructed rights to defend yourself and property!
Some say this is bad because the perp can carry legally concealed, not so. Anyone who is a known felon or presents evidense of gang affiliation, such as tats they are so proud to display, is in violation of the right to bear arms in our state.
Love my State of Arizona!

JohnBiltz
July 16, 2011, 08:31 PM
Is the author of the article suggesting that most sales are made at gun shows with no back ground check? I don't believe this is correct. Therefore the total number may be lower. But still great news about AZ.
Gun shows and private sales between individuals. If you read the whole article it explains there is history to suggest this is true.

captain awesome
July 17, 2011, 12:43 AM
Proud to be here as well but it comes with a price, summer time can be brutal here in the valley :(

new self defense law what is this new law of which you speak?

Starship1st
July 17, 2011, 08:23 AM
I am proud to be in Arizona and to buy guns. If memory serves me correctly, it was ATF who gave the guns to the Mexican Cartels? :cool:

DNS
July 17, 2011, 05:10 PM
In a perfect world Arizona and Texas would be neighbors. ;)

wally
July 18, 2011, 12:24 PM
Gun shows and private sales between individuals. If you read the whole article it explains there is history to suggest this is true.

But gun show sales from a dealer go through the back ground check. Individual face to face sales on not increasing the number of guns in private hands.

The definition of exactly what private hands are "worthy" of holding guns is where we can quibble. To me, any citizen or legal resident not convicted of a violent felony should be allowed this Constitutional Right.

Until you can't vote or get a job without proof of legal status, it shouldn't be applied to getting guns either.

NMBrian
July 18, 2011, 12:43 PM
In a perfect world Arizona and Texas would be neighbors.

Hey now! New Mexico is starting to catch up in terms of not being totally run by the uber liberals in Santa Fe, and besides, our gun laws are way better than Texas'. :)

Carl N. Brown
July 18, 2011, 01:16 PM
Reporters. Sheesh. Dealers at gun shows do background checks same as they do at their regular business locations: some of those background checks are generated from dealer sales at gun shows. Private sales, trades or swaps between individuals have always been about half of all gun transactions. Most private transactions don't take place at gun shows. While gun shows get a lot of public and political attention, they are less than 10% of all gun transactions and according to ATF the source less than 2% of all crime guns.

Mike1234567
July 18, 2011, 01:28 PM
Thank God Arizona is there as a buffer to separate all the other southern states from **********.:evil:

kludge
July 18, 2011, 03:50 PM
It appears likely that more than 200,000 new weapons will be put in buyers' hands after background checks this year. That figure doesn't include firearms bought at gun shows or through private deals. Those sales are thought to make up about 40 percent of all sales. That could put total sales in Arizona this year at about 350,000.

Let's see if y'all can find the anti-gun slant in that paragraph.

Sound Dude
July 18, 2011, 04:14 PM
I did my part yesterday to help the stat and the AZ economy!

El Tejon
July 18, 2011, 05:54 PM
What percentage of these sales are due to ATF selling to drug gangs?

Mike1234567
July 19, 2011, 09:47 AM
What percentage of these sales are due to ATF selling to drug gangs?
I could tell you but then I'd have to report you to the BATFE and the Mexican Drug Cartel.

RyanAnchors
July 19, 2011, 02:02 PM
I am proud to be from Arizona born and raised.
Currently stuck in California most of the year for school, but it is only for now.

Kerf: I don't know what you're talking about, but I lived there for 20 years and there are plenty of nice neighborhoods in Phoenix without bars on the windows, etc.

armoredman
July 19, 2011, 09:46 PM
Kerf, been here for well over 40 years, never had bars on the windows. Just like a business, location, location, location. Don't move to South Tucson, but check out Chandler. :)
Tomorrow our new State Guard law goes into effect. I know it's not likely to happen, but the thought of the Governor calling out the State Guard to hit the border appeals to me somewhat...

Kerf
July 21, 2011, 09:16 AM
Just to be clear. I'm not bashing AZ or the people who live there. It's just that there's a situation that AZ is bearing the brunt of for the rest of the nation, ergo, the good citizens are responding to it the best they know how. I wish the rest of the states would emulate AZ's state government and I think we would all be better off. Better yet, transplant it to Washington, D.C. and call it 'Common Sense'.

kerf

Kingofthehill
July 21, 2011, 04:49 PM
im from CA and spent 26 years there, only spent 2 years so far in Texas but i have spent a good amount of time in northern arizona (NAU)...

If i worked from home or were retired, i would live in Arizona... Flagstaff or Sedona would be my choices. I love the welcomed 2nd amendment atmosphere along with the weather but most important, the BLM land. Here in TX there isn't any and you can't just go shooting without having to go to a box shooting range which is boring as all get out.

JOe

J_McLeod
July 22, 2011, 12:17 AM
Proud to be part of that statistic

Ohio Gun Guy
July 22, 2011, 12:35 AM
the collective racking of the slide.... Sounds like some folks have had enough.

If you enjoyed reading about "Gun sales in Arizona on record pace" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!