Law Enforcement only mag?

PDA

steelbird
July 16, 2011, 02:35 PM
This struck me as curious-

I just picked up a Beretta factory 13-rd mag for my 84F. It's marked "RESTRICED LAW ENFORCEMENT/GOVERNMENT USE ONLY." Is this dated to the old AWB laws, or marked this way to show it's not California compliant? I'm in Florida, and I didn't think there'd be any kind of restriction on such a mag here- and because it's marked in such a way, would I face some kind of trouble if I were to be carrying with it loaded, or in an SD situation?

If you enjoyed reading about "Law Enforcement only mag?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
The Watchman
July 16, 2011, 03:01 PM
No there are no mag restrictions in Florida, you will be fine to carry it.

Vonderek
July 16, 2011, 03:02 PM
When the ban sunset-ed so did the restriction on "LE-Only" mags which were manufactured during the ban. You have no worries using them....at least right now.

jimmyraythomason
July 16, 2011, 03:19 PM
When the ban sunset-ed so did the restriction on "LE-Only" mags which were manufactured during the ban.From the Federal standpoint yes but some states(but not Florida) chose to keep a 10 round limit to handgun magazines.

steelbird
July 16, 2011, 03:31 PM
Thanks! Wanted to make sure.

SharpsDressedMan
July 16, 2011, 03:45 PM
If you live in a restricted state, you might end up with a legal magazine if you took a high capacity mag and inserted a pinned "block" to restrict the capacity to 10 rounds or less. You'd have to check the fine print in your state laws, but it has been done that way to obtain compliant magazines.

Fishslayer
July 16, 2011, 11:55 PM
When the ban sunset-ed so did the restriction on "LE-Only" mags which were manufactured during the ban. You have no worries using them....at least right now.

Unless you're in The People's Republik of Kalifornistan. :(

SaxonPig
July 17, 2011, 03:31 PM
It was made 1994-2004 and the warning is meaningless now.

I bought a couple of LEO mags as souvenirs.

If you enjoyed reading about "Law Enforcement only mag?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!