locate weapons (merged threads)

PDA

jollyroger36
July 17, 2011, 06:59 PM
I had some weapons "walked" out of my home.
A rem nylon 66, with 9 power scope,
atm 22 mag auto,
Ruger 22 pistol,
single shot shotgun H&R, 12 gage
My name is inside the stocks, plus a rft (radio freg tags) but the local were not too insterest.
There were a number of people (suppose to be friends) at my home.
So if anyone hear about these weapons, a message would be nice.
call me roger

If you enjoyed reading about "locate weapons (merged threads)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jim Watson
July 17, 2011, 07:07 PM
That your screen name or your real (unstated) name?

Can we get an rfid app for our smartphones?

Do these guns have serial numbers?

Did they vanish in Kalamazoo or Timbuktoo?

kingpin008
July 17, 2011, 07:54 PM
Roger - Sorry for your loss. Thieves are scumbags.

Please give us more info - condition of the guns, any distinguishing marks/scratches/dings, where in the world you're located, a method of contacting you, etc would all br great.

cane
July 18, 2011, 10:46 AM
Would be nice to have the location and serial numbers.

Zach S
July 18, 2011, 11:18 AM
Roger, a location would be great.

Serial numbers would also be helpful. Photos would be equally helpful.

Might not be a bad idea to talk to some LGS and pawn shop owners in your area, and to also take a look around, as they might have one of your guns on display. Dont be a jerk about it if they have one, just let them know that gun was stolen from you, and go from there. I don't know what will unfold, but I know he wont want a stolen pistol in his log book for more time than it has to be there.

jollyroger36
July 18, 2011, 12:13 PM
My missing weapons.
This happen in AZ, where I live.
The shotgun I cannot find the S/N.
The 22 mag auto, same story.
The nylon 22 rifle, same story
the ruger 22 -
Model 0172
S/N 221-59838
Last viewed in a Las Vegas pawn shop.
Owner would not talk to me, even thou I had a ATF agent (off duty) with me.
Needless to say, it was not there & NO RECORDS were located in that store, when we return on a offical visit.
And the story goes on.
Yes, I have the original sale receipt, box & the extra mag. all marked with my last name on the inside
Last name
SCHEXNAYDER
First intial
J
use email to contact me
jollyroger36@msn.com

jollyroger36
July 18, 2011, 12:21 PM
jollyroger36@msn.com
just put a new post on same subject.
DID ALL THE ABOVE & MORE.
Roger

jollyroger36
July 18, 2011, 12:27 PM
The pawn shops here in Phoenix are "owned" by some former bad cops,. They have a lock on all pawn shops. They would not talk to me, even with off duty ATF person with me.
I did some consulting work for some govt agency include the ATF for a while, untill they ran out of money to support the program. They were using surplus militaty aircraft in their operations. The "bosses" stop all that sort of stuff. the contractors were not held to the same rulers as the goverment worker. So the "DA bosses" gpt rid of us. You can figure out what D A stands for.
Roger

Hunterdad
July 18, 2011, 12:28 PM
Where is AZ? Could help to list ALL the makes in models in at least 1 out if 3 threads you've made. If you want help locating them, you need to give us as much info as possible.

spartand003
July 18, 2011, 12:30 PM
You're name isn't Roger? I am disappointed.

Also, I am sorry for your loss; if I wasn't stuck here I'd come help you track down those bastards.

rscalzo
July 18, 2011, 12:32 PM
SN's were not always on firearms. The Nylon 66 was first produced in 1959. If I'm not mistaken, it was the GCA of 1968 that mandated serial numbers on firearms.

But I'm a bit confused here? Not sure of what the problem would be? Did you see a firearm with an SN. Or are you looking for a firearm that was stolen?

Just saw the other messages.

This might make more sense if it were kept in one area.
Were the thefts reported and entered into the NCIC Gun File?? Why come back later when it was first noticed?

kingpin008
July 18, 2011, 04:38 PM
Where is AZ?

Arizona.

jollyroger36
July 19, 2011, 12:01 AM
Phoenix.
As I stated, there were lots of people at the house & I wanted to check this out before I accused anyone. This advice I got from a friend that is a ATF agent.
Now at this date and a few moves I cannot find the data required. So I am trying this method as I know people just got to talk about their so called great deals. SO I am trying this route.
Hope this works.
I do go by roger. As you can tell my last name is not easy for many.

Onmilo
July 19, 2011, 09:30 AM
And now you know why you should carry insurance on all your firearms.
Your homeowners policy should pay you at least $1000, that seems to be the minimum norm on lost/destroyed/stolen firearms.

ETA; Next time you "Find" one of your guns in a pawnshop, don't argue with the proprietor, just buy the gun back.
Turn in all the paperwork to your ATF buddy and your insurance.
Insurance will usually pay you replacement on something you, well, replace.
ATF and local police can deal with the pawnshop

medalguy
July 20, 2011, 12:48 AM
Have you filed a report with your local police? Lacking this there's no way to get the SN listed with NCIC. Most likely without serial numbers and accurate descriptions, you'll never see those guns again, sorry.

Twiki357
July 20, 2011, 03:45 AM
Just in case your not aware of it, you might want to monitor backpage.com. There are a ton of listing for the Phoenix area as well as AZ in general.

http://phoenix.backpage.com/SportsEquipForSale/

If you enjoyed reading about "locate weapons (merged threads)" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!