The "Shot" Project

PDA

Dog Victor
July 17, 2011, 11:56 PM
A relative of mine sent out this email and I said I'd help him out by offering my experience (of being shot, by myself) and others I know who have shot at someone (besides themselves!).

Before you all pile on about how "anti" this could be, consider the email below. Judging from his previous projects and the photography aspect, there is more art than artifice going on here. He has a FB page up too. Check it out.

http://on.fb.me/obJOwD

"Thank you for such a thoughtful email. I really appreciate it. And yes, shooting yourself definitely counts! Those stories are priceless. As does shooting at others - I'd love to hear that story, if you'd be willing to share it. We might have to plan a trip to SD to interview you!

I'd love to talk to you more about his project. The project isn't anti or pro gun - it is an exploration of the experiences of those involved in being shot or shooting at others and providing those involved a chance to share their story - whether they are pro or anti gun, it doesn't matter. Our first interviewee is a gun owner and talked about his experience of shooting at others in a street fight in Brooklyn, NY."

I don't do Facebook but I know plenty here do. Weigh in. If anybody is interested in contributing a story, I can pass on his email. Thanks High Roaders! JD

If you enjoyed reading about "The "Shot" Project" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
paramedic70002
July 18, 2011, 11:23 AM
The closest I've gotten is a ricochet into my glasses from a BB I shot into a utility pole when I was in high school.

Then there was one time when I was young, new to handguns, and being stupid. Had a Charter Arms 38 snubby in my coat pocket. Cocked the hammer and released it. The hammer slipped under my thumb and made a soft impression on the primer. Gun was roughly pointed my best friend's knee. That was a BIG wakeup call and cure for stupidity. His life and mine would be very different now if I had shot him.

pockets
July 18, 2011, 11:55 AM
I've been stabbed.....is there a 'Stab Project'?

Ole Coot
July 18, 2011, 01:12 PM
In my opinion only I believe any vet or LEO that has had the experience of shooting or being shot at really isn't a "sharing" thing. It's not a game to me and I won't comment one way or another. I wouldn't share a personal experience or even admit online that I was a party to either. Personal opinion only.

USAF_Vet
July 18, 2011, 02:01 PM
I've been stabbed, I've been shot AT, and I've shot others. I've posted those stories on THR a few times, but not in all the gory details.

If I remember, I'll log into Facebook and check it out. no guarantees of you getting my story though.

Justin
July 18, 2011, 02:13 PM
I've fired tens of thousands of rounds through guns from .17 air pistols to belt-fed machine guns to .50 BMG rifles.

I've never shot anyone or been shot.

The project is inherently anti-gun in that its stated intention is to highlight the destructive use of firearms without even a stated consideration of the completely legitimate uses of firearms.

Furthermore, it's clear from the description that they're not terribly interested in exploring the context of violence and whether or not the shooting of someone happened in a legitimate self-defense situation.

Zundfolge
July 18, 2011, 03:19 PM
They list CeaseFirePA as one of their "Likes" ... this is anti gun agitprop. Needs to go away.

Justin
July 18, 2011, 03:22 PM
I missed the bit where they're stated fans of an extremist gun prohibitionist group.

I hate to say "I told you so" but there it is. In the interest of not giving these people any more public exposure, I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread.

If you enjoyed reading about "The "Shot" Project" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!