ACOG Question

PDA

fbernar
July 18, 2011, 05:51 AM
I'm writing here because I bought an AR15 last week and I am absolutely loving it. I am thinking about using it to go hog hunting here in Florida and I am wondering what type of optic site I should use on it.

I see that many people who buy AR15's or build them purchase ACOG's for them. I'm here wondering if that is good for what I am trying to do (hunt hogs) and also trying to understand why so many people buy them for AR's. Is it because most people buy AR's for SHTF/HD/Range use? Or do ACOG optics also help tremendously when hunting? Any input will be appreciated!

(This thread is not trying to ask if ACOG's are worth $1000, I am asking what is it most often bought for and used for.)

If you enjoyed reading about "ACOG Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Searcher4851
July 18, 2011, 09:19 PM
The short answer would be for rapid target aquisition.

esheato
July 18, 2011, 09:33 PM
No need to cross pollinate...you already asked this question (http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=603874) and got good answers.

If those suggestions aren't what you wanted to hear, then go buy what you want and be done with it.

No offense intended.

rbernie
July 18, 2011, 09:57 PM
Dupe thread.

If you enjoyed reading about "ACOG Question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!