Qualifying with mini 14????

PDA

Jedi_7.62
January 19, 2004, 11:19 PM
I recently had an Interview at the prison in Plainfield Indiana. I was told if I get on I have to go to some school for training. Mostly non firearm. Although I do have to qualify with a mini 14 and a shotgun. I've never had to qualify with anything. So I am wondering what may be expected? Also, I've been under the impression that mini 14's aren't very accurate or am I mistaken? I've never used one myself.

Thanks,

If you enjoyed reading about "Qualifying with mini 14????" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
4v50 Gary
January 19, 2004, 11:21 PM
Course of Fire will be reasonable for a Mini-14. Don't expect a sniper course with sub-MOA at 100 yards - none of that left eye, right eye bit.

natedog
January 19, 2004, 11:27 PM
I can empty magazines, rapid fire, all day long into a silhoutte's head offhand with my Mini.

4v50 Gary
January 20, 2004, 12:37 AM
What distance Natedog?

natedog
January 20, 2004, 12:41 AM
100 yards...and I should clarify on "rapid fire"...I'm talking about 1 shot every second or so. I'm not sure of the twist rate on the Mini-14 but it's supposed to shoot best with 69gr. bullets and I've been using the 45gr. Winchester white box JHP.

If you enjoyed reading about "Qualifying with mini 14????" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!