thompson machine can

PDA

brobin10
July 19, 2011, 11:36 AM
the thompson machine isis 9mm (readily taken apart for cleaning and 22lr use also a possibility) runs about $379 MSRP but that doesnt include the thread adaptor i dont think

any thoughts or comments on this can?

any reviews with actual data?

i found some videos shooting both 22lr (wet and dry) and 9mm....sound in the video seems very good to me but then again i think they were done by the manufacturer...

any real world experience with this can?

thanks guys!

If you enjoyed reading about "thompson machine can" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Chopdoktor
July 19, 2011, 04:15 PM
I actually bought one of these back in May, and I'm still awaiting my stamp, but my dealer let me play with the can a few times. It is worth every penny. Easy to break down, and nice and quiet on full-power 9mm and .22. I didn't test it with subsonic 9mm, but I'm sure it'll be even better. I did fill the suppressor core half-full of water and shot it, and it definitely dampened the 9mm sound signature, but practically eliminated the noise from the .22. It was what they call "Hollywood Quiet"! I am very satisfied with it, and I'd recommend it for sure. The thread adapters can really raise the price ($50 for fixed 1/2x28 and $150 for a booster mount, I got both), but ya gotta have 'em. I am really happy with the whole setup, and the versatile mount system lets me use it on at least 5 different guns that I have (9mm AR, .22 AR, Glock 17, Glock 26, GSG-1911 .22, and maybe more if I thread them!) It's legit.

brobin10
July 19, 2011, 05:27 PM
thats exactly what i wanted to hear!

sounds like a legit can to me

excuse my ignorance but what is the booster mount?

brobin10
July 19, 2011, 05:30 PM
also if you dont mind me asking, what is your 9mm AR setup?

the whole original question here came up bc i am trying to piece together my first 9mm AR build

pics welcome if possible!

MasterSergeantA
July 19, 2011, 06:06 PM
The "booster" or LID (Linear Inertial Decoupler) is used with most Browning-type actions where the barrel is not fixed in place. The barrel actually needs to decouple from the slide for the action to cycle; this creates a problem with a suppressor which adds weight to the barrel.

Good discussion here:

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=318745

Chopdoktor
July 19, 2011, 06:52 PM
^This. And shoot me an email if you'd like to see a pic. I'd be happy to talk you through my setup, but privately, so we don't clog up this thread with unrelated posts :-)

brobin10
July 19, 2011, 07:12 PM
The "booster" or LID (Linear Inertial Decoupler) is used with most Browning-type actions where the barrel is not fixed in place. The barrel actually needs to decouple from the slide for the action to cycle; this creates a problem with a suppressor which adds weight to the barrel.

Good discussion here:

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=318745

that is exactly what i was thinking it was but for some reason i thought it was called/ referred to (as) something else

email on the way!

FIVETWOSEVEN
July 19, 2011, 09:50 PM
Anyone know how much of a decible reduction we are talking about?

If you enjoyed reading about "thompson machine can" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!