j. manton shotgun

PDA

bear bulldog
July 20, 2011, 08:09 AM
I have a j manton 12 gauge shotgun with a missing trigger, I was wandering where I might find parts?

If you enjoyed reading about "j. manton shotgun" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ron James
July 20, 2011, 10:03 AM
J. Manton was a name used on inexpensive shotguns from Belgium. It was hoped that inexperience and unwary buyers would be fooled into thinking it was in fact a very expensive Joesph Manton shotgun from England. If your shotgun is outside or rabbit ear hammers it was probably made from the 1880's until 1911. Sorry to say , there are no known parts sources for these old shotguns. If you are up to a quest for the Holy Grail, then you can either check the numerous used parts sources such as Jack First, Numrich, Hoosier Guns Supply and so forth or see if you can locate a like item shotgun ( same maker ) and use it for a parts gun. You can also check Dixie Gun Works but I doubt if they carry such an item. It really would be a quest of love because a broken Trade name Belgium shotgun would have very little value. Sorry about that. Added: if you have the complete old part it might be repaired enough for a display piece.

If you enjoyed reading about "j. manton shotgun" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!