Colt Cooper?

PDA

gunsablazin
July 20, 2011, 05:35 PM
I had a friend call me today and ask if I had ever heard of a Colt Cooper, he claims a guy has one for sale and that they were Colt Troopers that were mismarked at the factory, and that 1,000 or so made it out. Sounds very unlikely to me, but has anyone ever heard this tale before?

If you enjoyed reading about "Colt Cooper?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Remo223
July 20, 2011, 05:54 PM
accidentally substituting a "C" for a "Tr"??????

doesn't sound likely to me. In fact, it doesn't even sound possible. I'd need a real good explanation how this could happen before I believe it.

Ron James
July 20, 2011, 06:59 PM
I've been wrong so many times before but I also doubt it. I have never seen , read or heard of such an animal.

Old Fuff
July 20, 2011, 07:03 PM
Barrels were marked with a roll stamp, and it is highly unlikely that if something was wrong it wouldn't be noticed at the time the die was first set up. Then nobody noticed before some 1000 barrels were run? Possibly could be, but very highly improbable.

Then there another question. If the barrels were still assembled on revolvers in spite of the mis-marking, why hasn't this been discovered before and more widely discussed or shown up in the reference books?

earlthegoat2
July 20, 2011, 07:06 PM
Pics please.....

As in your buddy better get some pics before any more consideration and then further authentication if it proves to actually be marked Cooper.

Dr.Rob
July 20, 2011, 08:26 PM
I could see a "Col. Cooper" ltd edition from Lew Horton of some such, but NOT a glaring mis-mark.

Jim Watson
July 20, 2011, 08:54 PM
But not on a revolver. Eww.

If you enjoyed reading about "Colt Cooper?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!