Baffle finish question

PDA

anomoly40
July 21, 2011, 03:20 PM
Im considering making a supressor. I've looked at the different designs and figured id have everything sorted out by the time I submit my paper work.

One question, would the finish of the baffles affect the sound? I've noticed quite a few polished baffles. What are the pros and cons of the finish? I know cleaning would be a little more time consuming.

If you enjoyed reading about "Baffle finish question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bkjeffrey
July 21, 2011, 06:49 PM
What about a hard-chome coating? Like barrels and most gas pistons (think AK) have on them? Nearly impervious to rust and corrosion and might aid cleaning as well.

Just a thought.

jmorris
July 21, 2011, 08:26 PM
If you made it realley rough like sound foam it might be better than polished but would be a bear to clean. Volume and design help more than finish from what I have seen.

If you enjoyed reading about "Baffle finish question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!