Whats the market on Winchester 1873's right now?

PDA

kdave21
July 22, 2011, 10:50 PM
Have someone looking to get $1400 for an 1873 (in 44) made in the 1890's. He says its a third edition with a replaced dust cover. I am going to see it tomorrow if he brings it to the gun show like he said he would. I might interested in buying it to sell but dont want to get stuck with it if the market is weak. Been down that road before.

I'm not expecting any opinions on value (impossible with information Ive given). Just looking for an idea of the market. Havent been to many gun shows lately, and dont keep on the 1873s as I dont deal enough with them to need to know.

If you enjoyed reading about "Whats the market on Winchester 1873's right now?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Dr.Rob
July 23, 2011, 12:19 AM
That sounds very underpriced to me.

Vaarok
July 23, 2011, 12:31 AM
I concur, that's a very low price for a 1873, though it depends on what's redone. Market seems about double that, locally, though.

kdave21
July 23, 2011, 03:40 PM
Thanks guys. Saw it and passed. Bore was completely reamed out and rusty looking, last owner scratched dl # onto receiver, and was generally an unattractive gun. He told me he was offered $1200, but was hoping for 1400. I told him I had to pass. Did pick up a Stevens 59b in poor condition and a Colt Diamondback with 2 1/2 barrel in about 70-80%. Not a totally wasted venture.

If you enjoyed reading about "Whats the market on Winchester 1873's right now?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!