The crooks are wising up.....

PDA

Gottahaveone
July 25, 2011, 12:54 AM
Personally, I think this is exactly the kind of news coverage that needs to get out. Most on here know that there are far more crimes stopped without a shot being fired than are resolved with a trigger pull. But the great unwashed masses need to realize this too.

Intruder calls 911, afraid homeowner may have gun

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/03/08/oregon.intruder.911/index.html?iref=allsearch

If you enjoyed reading about "The crooks are wising up....." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TCU
July 25, 2011, 05:28 AM
that is hilarious, the funniest part is wondering why he was taking a shower?

AWorthyOpponent
July 25, 2011, 05:58 AM
Hahaha!! That is epic.

moonpie
July 25, 2011, 06:56 AM
that is hilarious, the funniest part is wondering why he was taking a shower?
HE wanted to make a clean getaway

mgmorden
July 25, 2011, 11:17 AM
This is an older story (from March). From what I read there, both the homeowner and the intruder had called 911 and had them on the line at the same time. Based on other details, IIRC it was a mentally imbalanced man (homeless I believe) that had basically broken in to take a shower. The whole bunch of them were pretty light hearted about it by the end of the 911 calls.

Guardrail
July 25, 2011, 03:38 PM
If it were my house, he'd have known for sure I had a gun.

Justin
July 25, 2011, 03:49 PM
Very old article.

If you enjoyed reading about "The crooks are wising up....." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!