Who are you boycotting?

PDA

Yo Mama
July 28, 2011, 04:47 PM
No plan here, so it's not in activism. I'm just venting over Frys Electronics. Still have a no firearms sign (apparently you can bring in other weapons). Spoke with store manager who was just rediculous. Tried corporate who could care less.

So I made my purchase elsewhere. Who are you boycotting?

If you enjoyed reading about "Who are you boycotting?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
M-Cameron
July 28, 2011, 04:51 PM
no one currently......the one good thing about MA is that concealed carriers are so rare...that no place thinks to put up "no gun" signs. :D

CoRoMo
July 28, 2011, 04:51 PM
Toys-R-Us
Levi's Jeans

But I think the wife won't stop going to Babies-R-Us, which IIRC, is the same company. :banghead:

Company policies like this don't carry the weight of law here... although the language in the legislation has confused some folks. I boycott a number of other companies though, but it's not related to RKBA issues.

MtnCreek
July 28, 2011, 04:55 PM
IRS. No guns allowed in Federal buildings, so no tax money from MtnCreek!:D

o Unforgiven o
July 28, 2011, 04:59 PM
Toys-R-Us
Levi's Jeans

But I think the wife won't stop going to Babies-R-Us, which IIRC, is the same company. :banghead:

Company policies like this don't carry the weight of law here... although the language in the legislation has confused some folks. I boycott a number of other companies though, but it's not related to RKBA issues.
Why Levi's?

docnyt
July 28, 2011, 05:02 PM
IRS. No guns allowed in Federal buildings, so no tax money from MtnCreek!:D

This is so right.

chhodge69
July 28, 2011, 05:13 PM
This idea is much bigger than Gun Rights for me...
McDonalds - but only because their food is so bad.
Paypal
Ebay
Pizza Hut
Walgreens
Home Depot
and as much as possible: Wal-Mart

Support your local gun store, hardware store, farmers and craftsmen and stay out of the big boxes if you can - Corporate America doesn't give a !@#$ about you.

ThePunisher'sArmory
July 28, 2011, 05:21 PM
Support your local gun store, hardware store, farmers and craftsmen and stay out of the big boxes if you can - Corporate America doesn't give a !@#$ about you.

Could not agree more.

But I think the wife won't stop going to Babies-R-Us, which IIRC, is the same company.

Niether will mine. The funny part is that you can not CCW in Illinois, yet they still have the sign on the door. I guess its aimed at the criminals and LEOs :rolleyes:. They think a robber will give a damn about a sign and police called in to stop a robbery must use harsh language as a weapon........After all no exceptions right???

Scimmia
July 28, 2011, 05:23 PM

I'm boycotting my local drug store because of gun policy. Switched to a national chain. If the little guy wants to shoot themselves in the foot, who am I to argue.

CoRoMo
July 28, 2011, 05:29 PM
Why Levi's?
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=504990
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=44191
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=28158

I also boycott a state or five. :D

Mike1234567
July 28, 2011, 05:31 PM
I don't bother boycotting anymore because far too many establishments tick me off. Mostly, it's things like understaffing. If I boycotted due to that one thing I'd shop practically nowhere.

JoeMal
July 28, 2011, 05:40 PM
This idea is much bigger than Gun Rights for me...
McDonalds - but only because their food is so bad.
Paypal
Ebay
Pizza Hut
Walgreens
Home Depot
and as much as possible: Wal-Mart

Support your local gun store, hardware store, farmers and craftsmen and stay out of the big boxes if you can - Corporate America doesn't give a !@#$ about youNot everyone can afford to shop at the local hardware store, or the local grocer, or the local electronics store. Go to your Mom & Pop store and spend $50, then go to Walmart and spend $50, and see which store gets you more product for your money.

I recently had to go to my local hardware store to buy lawn-bags in a crunch and spent over $4 for 5 bags. Home Depot has the same bags for $1.88. If the markup on cardboard bags is over 200%, think about how much they are marking up things like tools, carpet, or paint. I also just recently bought a new cell phone and needed a case for it. Spend $30 on one at the cell phone store or go on eBay and buy one for $3? Hmm...decisions decisions.....don't even get into car chargers or extra chargers for the house. Those 'local' stores want $20 each for those and I can get them for pennies online.

And in all honesty, just because they are 'local' doesn't mean they give a crap about you. They are in it for the money just as much as the 'big box' stores

I don't boycott anything. I shop where I want, I buy what I want. It's simply a personal choice. Complaining to the manager at these corporate stores isn't going to get you anywhere because they don't make the decisions. And complaining to the manager at the local store probably won't get you anywhere because the rules are setup the way they are for a reason.

TenMillimaster
July 28, 2011, 05:59 PM
The state of california
Beretta because I think they're fugly :what: :p
Products that contain palm oil
Any elected official who I don't think will represent me
Walmart when I can
Publix because they like ripping me off
Anything and everything that has to do with sparkly vampires (twilight)

hirundo82
July 28, 2011, 06:06 PM
InBev, since they pushed hard for the pro-ban side in Brazil's gun referendum a few years ago and bought up Anheuser-Busch, which had been a major force in Missouri getting concealed carry.

Danb1215
July 28, 2011, 06:06 PM
I'm not boycotting any businesses over gun policy at the moment. In my area the only places that seem to have no loaded firearms signs are gun stores. Go figure.

Nushif
July 28, 2011, 06:15 PM
Walmart for their stunt in NH and their ideas of inspiring loyalty in workers.
Starbucks because of their tattoo policies.

That's about it though.

NoobCannon
July 28, 2011, 06:16 PM
Paypal

If it takes longer for me to figure out how to get my bank account sync'd up to their stupid website than it does for me to snailmail the money where it needs to go, then we have a problem.

CraigC
July 28, 2011, 06:19 PM
Not everyone can afford to shop at the local hardware store, or the local grocer, or the local electronics store. Go to your Mom & Pop store and spend $50, then go to Walmart and spend $50, and see which store gets you more product for your money.
In the long run, we can't afford not to. Unfortunately, we'll all be in servitude to China before some folks think past their checkbook. Walmart is destructive to our economy and our way of life in so many ways but as long as you get to save a few dollars...... "Save money, live better". Ha, ha, ha......all the way into oblivion. :rolleyes:

Snowbandit
July 28, 2011, 06:23 PM
My church! I discovered they were giving money in support of gun control and I quit them cold. Since then I discovered they were supporting a whole bunch of evil stuff I could never go along with and I'm openly antagonistic against them now.

SharpsDressedMan
July 28, 2011, 06:29 PM
Before moderators think about shutting this down, let's consider that peaceful efforts, like boycotts, are effective ways for pro-gun forces to counter anti-gun institutions, establisments, and efforts. I do not believe this type of pro-gun activism to be negative or off topic.

dogtown tom
July 28, 2011, 06:36 PM
Unbelievable.

Folks on here advocate boycotting WalMart....the largest gun retailer in America.

The Brady Campaign says thank you for your efforts.:barf:

WTBguns10kOK
July 28, 2011, 06:46 PM
Marlin products after using someone's new 336 and then hearing nothing but bad things about their guns now...only exception would be a basic Model 60 and old Marlin guns

Rat Robb
July 28, 2011, 06:48 PM
I just carry in anyways. In Missouri, the most they can do, at first, is ask you to leave. If it ever gets that far, then I guess I'd boycott them.

Luckily, I'm very good at the concealed part and no one ever knows.

-Robb

Deltaboy
July 28, 2011, 06:55 PM
I just carry in anyways. In Missouri, the most they can do, at first, is ask you to leave. If it ever gets that far, then I guess I'd boycott them.

Luckily, I'm very good at the concealed part and no one ever knows.

-Robb
I agree in TX if you don't have the famous 51% sign or a legal 30-06 sign I just ingore the sign and go on in and do business. It is CCW for a reason and that reason is so folks don't know you got one.

I use paypal cause they work and I get tons of gun stuff off Ebay.

NavyLCDR
July 28, 2011, 07:09 PM
This is one that just makes me ROFLMAO:

http://washingtonarmscollectors.org/

Why Are We Here?
The Washington Arms Collectors (WAC) is a membership organization affiliated with the National Rifle Association. WAC puts on one of the largest gun shows in Washington State. You can and SHOULD become a member of WAC. Only members can buy and sell guns at our shows. Only members may carry firearms into the venue. Look through this site to find out all the ways that a WAC membership can be of value to you. WAC director positions are occupied by some of the most powerful people in the gun rights arena. WAC works to preserve your 2nd amendment rights. The WAC is based on the principles set forth by the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution which states that every free citizen has the right to keep and bear arms. WAC members VOTE!!

and

http://washingtonarmscollectors.org/shows.htm

1. There will be no loaded firearms, magazines, or speedloaders in the building, either on the tables or on one’s person, with the exception of law enforcement and private security officers under contract with WAC.

Me thinks they are trying to convince us that 2+2=5 here.

jackpinesavages
July 28, 2011, 07:15 PM
I am boycotting (2) very anti-Law Enforcement Officer organizations: www.Glocktalk.com and ALL it's sponsors, and Wisconsin Carry .org.

Firearms rights in general and the 2nd amendment can and will be upheld with the help of L.E.. These two organizations are currently campaigning against Law Enforcement in the U.S..

rbernie
July 28, 2011, 07:20 PM
This thread needs to stay RKBA-focused or it will be locked.

ldsgeek
July 28, 2011, 07:23 PM
For funding, with $400,000, a no questions asked gun turn in program.

Walkalong
July 28, 2011, 07:25 PM
Add Progressive insurance, if it hasn't been mentioned. The owner is a big leftist donor. I guess the name "Progressive" is his own little joke.

Danb1215
July 28, 2011, 07:25 PM
I am boycotting (2) very anti-Law Enforcement Officer organizations: www.Glocktalk.com and ALL it's sponsors, and Wisconsin Carry .org.

Firearms rights in general and the 2nd amendment can and will be upheld with the help of L.E.. These two organizations are currently campaigning against Law Enforcement in the U.S..
How are these organizations anti law enforcement? What does the FTC have to do with anything?

NavyLCDR
July 28, 2011, 07:40 PM
I can understand the "No-Guns" policy of Toys-Я-Us since reading of a shoot-out by two compadres over a toy each girl-friend wanted.

Really? Then we should ban automobiles. Cars kill more people than guns do.

DCR
July 28, 2011, 07:46 PM
@Navy - thanks for posting the link - I needed a good laugh!

Do they consider the general public who comes to one of their shows "temporary members" or something like that for the price of admission to the show? Or do they really only allow sales to other WAC members?

Seems to me their gun shows would drop to zero if vendors can't sell directly to the public.

Think they have a "high sign" and secret handshake too?;)

What a bunch of maroons -

Danb1215
July 28, 2011, 07:51 PM
An organization that supports the RKBA but only of its members? I'm surprised their site doesn't end in .gov

heeler
July 28, 2011, 07:55 PM
Levi.
And this has been for more years than I can even remember,a very long time actually.

762X39
July 28, 2011, 07:57 PM
I shop at the local hardware store, local gun shop, avoid Wal Mart, Home Depot and don't worry about spending a few bucks more if they employ locals, provide good service and treat me nice. There is a difference between price and value received. If you can't tell the difference, carry on in ignorance.Wow, I became my dad (I am so glad)!

NavyLCDR
July 28, 2011, 08:06 PM
Do they consider the general public who comes to one of their shows "temporary members" or something like that for the price of admission to the show? Or do they really only allow sales to other WAC members?

"6. Firearm sales to or purchases from non-members or persons prohibited by law from firearms ownership/possession are totally forbidden. Violation will lead to immediate and permanent expulsion as a member of WAC.

7. Members may not loan their badges to anyone, whether a member or not. Membership badges will be worn above the waist with the name clearly visible. The alteration of WAC membership badges in any manner is strictly prohibited; the display at WAC gatherings of altered WAC badges or of badges purporting to be insignia of current WAC membership other than those issued by the WAC shall be cause for immediate expulsion from the gathering and may subject the bearer, if a member, to further discipline by the WAC Board of Directors."

You do not become any kind of member by paying admission to their gun shows.

FreddyKruger
July 28, 2011, 10:08 PM
Really? Then we should ban automobiles. Cars kill more people than guns do.
i sorta think you missed the reason there. 2 people lost their lives over a kids toy. what they really tried to ban there is stupid people killing each other in their shop...

oneounceload
July 28, 2011, 10:18 PM
I am boycotting those who think that only guns rule entire life-quality issues
I am boycotting those who think that big business like walmart is the enemy
I am boycotting folks who have no clue about econ 101
I am boycotting those who wear their tinfoil hats WAY too tight because their latest video game says so

I am boycotting idiocy

Yo Mama
July 28, 2011, 10:30 PM
i sorta think you missed the reason there. 2 people lost their lives over a kids toy. what they really tried to ban there is stupid people killing each other in their shop...

But this is exactly why you carry a gun! I don't want a stupid person killing me.

NavyLCDR
July 28, 2011, 10:31 PM

OK. So then every business should ban firearms? They are just trying to keep stupid people from killing each other, right? Why are we making excuses for Toys R US?

CraigC
July 28, 2011, 11:18 PM
I am boycotting those who think that big business like walmart is the enemy
Nobody said that big business was the enemy. For it is not. Walmart is the enemy because of the way they do business. However, they would not be where they were if consumers had half a brain and actually thought about where they spent their money. Home Depot is the enemy because they are anti-gun. As is Levi-Strauss.

Like my brother who majored in economics but won't step foot in Walmart???

I am boycotting those who wear their tinfoil hats WAY too tight because their latest video game says so
Uh, what???

I am boycotting idiocy
Me too. :rolleyes:

I'm also boycotting apathy.

Tim the student
July 28, 2011, 11:19 PM
For gun reasons, just a local gas station that funded a gas-for-guns turn in. Jim Lindt BP for those in or around Waterloo Iowa. Sucks too - it was quite convenient for me.

So, um, anybody have any recommendations for jeans that fit like Levis 550 (I think)? That sucks, they were my go to jeans.

hso
July 28, 2011, 11:22 PM
Local retailers and restaurants that post anti gun owner signs don't get my business. They have plenty of competition and I'm happy to point out that they're misinformed or misguided in their decision to tell me and my family that we're not wanted as customers.

Complaining to the manager at these corporate stores isn't going to get you anywhere because they don't make the decisions.

That's not always the case. Many "chains" are franchises with the local owner deciding what goes or doesn't with respect to cary. Also, we have many threads over the years here where some local corporate store manager or regional manager made an anti gun owner decision that the public complained about and the corporate office reversed the decision (see Krogers). Apathy and inaction are as much our enemy as the Antis.

303tom
July 28, 2011, 11:34 PM
Everyone !!!!!!!!

daorhgih
July 28, 2011, 11:49 PM
When I know that our party will be relaxing apre-cine, at a business that has "The Sign" on their doors, I simply choose a deeper-cover weapon. No door of any establishment will compromise my Constitutional Right 2 KBA, except places with metal detectors. No-one's ever asked me to leave. Usual weapon of choice is my G-30 DAO

fallout mike
July 29, 2011, 12:12 AM
Bottled water companies!!!

elano
July 29, 2011, 12:20 AM
Winchester ammo.

mark1616
July 29, 2011, 12:25 AM
I am sorry that this is not RKBA related. But regarding Walmart: Many say they shop there because they cannot afford to buy local. I bought a work bench there because a comparable one at my local privately owned hardware store sold for $120, and Walmart's was $45. The Taiwan made bench fell apart in two months, and I ended up going back to my neighborhood store and buying the American made bench, which has lasted 5 years and counting.

Do the math. :)

RKBA related: In and Out Burger of Southern California supports the 2nd Amendment. And its good food too.

Oathkeeper1775
July 29, 2011, 12:26 AM
To the greatest extent possible, I boycott the "Left"; any or all people or businesses that could possibly donate money from my transaction to the DNC, or vote for a pro-abortion candidate.

In my experiences, that usually covers being ripped off too.

As far as I'm concerned, they don't accept me either so their would be no love-loss, missed opportunities or regrets. :D

Yes, I'm a John Stuart Mill reader......

happygeek
July 29, 2011, 12:42 AM
I buy most of my ammo at Walmart.

I'm boycotting H&K, Apple, and AAFES.

Iramo94
July 29, 2011, 01:00 AM
I am boycotting idiocy
/end thread

X-JaVeN-X
July 29, 2011, 01:21 AM
Not everyone can afford to shop at the local hardware store, or the local grocer, or the local electronics store. Go to your Mom & Pop store and spend $50, then go to Walmart and spend $50, and see which store gets you more product for your money.

I recently had to go to my local hardware store to buy lawn-bags in a crunch and spent over $4 for 5 bags. Home Depot has the same bags for $1.88. If the markup on cardboard bags is over 200%, think about how much they are marking up things like tools, carpet, or paint. I also just recently bought a new cell phone and needed a case for it. Spend $30 on one at the cell phone store or go on eBay and buy one for $3? Hmm...decisions decisions.....don't even get into car chargers or extra chargers for the house. Those 'local' stores want $20 each for those and I can get them for pennies online.

And in all honesty, just because they are 'local' doesn't mean they give a crap about you. They are in it for the money just as much as the 'big box' stores

I don't boycott anything. I shop where I want, I buy what I want. It's simply a personal choice. Complaining to the manager at these corporate stores isn't going to get you anywhere because they don't make the decisions. And complaining to the manager at the local store probably won't get you anywhere because the rules are setup the way they are for a reason.
"There are risks and costs to action. But they are far less than the long range risks of comfortable inaction. "
John F. Kennedy

...your complacency in believing you have no power is one of many things plaguing this country.

The-Reaver
July 29, 2011, 01:33 AM
Walmart as best I can - They are the devil
Target- They support Gays over Military

X-JaVeN-X
July 29, 2011, 01:39 AM

....maybe you should retake it? Capitalism = we vote with our dollars...your comment appears to portray the idea that the market guides the hand, when in fact it's the other way around (assuming there is no shortage of supply...and the last time I checked...I can get everything walmart carries elsewhere). So...as long as the market is demand driven...then all we need is enough people voting with their dollars (aka "demand") for a change, and the supply side of the market will cater to that demand. There is no set of guidelines by which I have to cast my vote...there is no requirement for my "dollar vote" to be strictly monetarily motivated...I don't have to buy where it's the cheapest...my vote can be driven by money, service, gun policy, etc...but at the end of the day the market doesn't care what my rationale was for voting against a certain store...it only cares that I did indeed vote for somewhere else.

That'll be $5 for your econ 101 refresher course. Thanks.

wojownik
July 29, 2011, 02:01 AM
A bunch of local places that ban firearms on their premises (CHP permit holder, or not).

- Jared Jewelry
- Ben and Jerrys
- Buffalo Wild Wings
- Bungalow Billiards
- Green Turtle Restaurant
- Outback Steakhouse

Rail Driver
July 29, 2011, 02:03 AM
I boycott Lowe's and Toys-R-Us for their anti-concealed carry policies.

dagger dog
July 29, 2011, 06:07 AM
I'm boycotting boycotting. No that's not an echo and I'm not stuttering.

I have lived long enough,and I have realized how hard it is to live up to such frivolous thoughts.

lizziedog1
July 29, 2011, 06:21 AM
Does anyone here boycott Hollywood? Many of its employees are not only quite anti-gun, they also support politicians contrary to our ideologies.

What about boycotting certain states?

China is pretty antigun. Boycotting their products should be also considered. Then again, how would we communicate here?;)

Inebriated
July 29, 2011, 07:18 AM
WalMart is my most active boycott... I only ever need groceries from 'em or ammo, so I will go an extra 15 miles for ammo or another mile for Harris Teeter. The only thing I go in for is the Subway...

I'm also boycotting Bass Pro.

heeler
July 29, 2011, 08:14 AM
I dont recall seeing a legal Texas 30.06 sign at any Lowes.
Maybe it's a Florida thing.
I need a toilet flush valve so I will stop there today and check them out and if so there's a Home Depot the next street over and I know positively they have no 30.06 signage.

ultradoc
July 29, 2011, 08:32 AM
O's admin and him.:fire:

kurt1305
July 29, 2011, 08:35 AM
The City of Austin. More specifically, retail in Austin which pays sales taxes to Austin. The City of Austin (a sanctuary city) is boycotting Arizona businesses for the state's tough stand on illegal aliens.

Dmitri Popov
July 29, 2011, 08:50 AM
Target-for their refusal to donate to veterans programs, but yet have plenty of time to donate money to gay rights and the such. Haven't been in there since I walked out the door on theyre HR manager two years ago. Worst place to work...ever...ever.

Dmitri Popov
July 29, 2011, 08:52 AM
forgot to mention anyone who condones illegal immigrants. Period. They are criminals, and should be treated as such.

CaliCoastie
July 29, 2011, 09:07 AM
Facebook, look into the owner mark suckerburg talking about throwing facebook support to Obamas re-election

El Mariachi
July 29, 2011, 09:17 AM
My home state of Kalifornya. Which hopefully will very soon be my ex-home state. Quite honestly, this place needs to be Sawzalled out of the continent and sent adrift. And the idiots that spent less than twenty years turning this place from one of the best places in the States to the worst place to live, need to go with it. Except for the near perfect weather (of which I'm almost positive that some polis are frantically searching for a way to tax as well), there's really zero attraction nor incentive to reside here anymore.

(cue the RHCP's song------> now)........:rolleyes:

pockets
July 29, 2011, 09:22 AM
DAGGER DOG:I'm boycotting boycotting. No that not an echo and I'm not stuttering.
I have lived long enough,and I have realized how hard it is to live up to such frivolous thoughts.
Yep, what he said.
Although.....now that I have looked at the word LEVI so many times in this thread...I have come to understand that it is an anagram for EVIL! :rolleyes:

kludge
July 29, 2011, 09:32 AM
I'm trying to figure out how to boycott California. Yes, the whole state and anything that was grown there or has passed through it in interstate commerce. I already boycott Illinois to the best of my knowledge... except maybe corn flakes and ethanol, which I don't have any control over.

Owner
July 29, 2011, 10:00 AM
I will no longer be buying from Levi's..they will be Recieving an email from me informing them of this...
I have always thought levis's were strange check this friggin pic out!
i hope this doesn't hijack this thread so maybe i should start a new one on scary Levi's:D

Owner
July 29, 2011, 10:01 AM
Lets set ********** adrift!! they can go join Cuba! :D

Double Vision
July 29, 2011, 10:08 AM
We boycott everything made in china, whenever possible. Made in USA is always my first choice, regardless of price.
Jeans, boots, motorcycles, firearms, cars, tools, furniture, etc. can all be found Made in USA if you look for it.

chhodge69
July 29, 2011, 10:08 AM
Folks on here advocate boycotting WalMart....the largest gun retailer in America.

It would be a really really bad idea to allow Wal-Mart to become our nation-wide go-to place for guns and supplies instead of the LGS's in our communities. Your LGS is free from big corporate policy and by extension so are you. If you don't think that matters just try negotiating with your bank or phone company... you do not want that kind of relationship with your gun store.

I know you gotta do what you gotta do to feed and clothe your families, but I stand by my earlier comments.

NoobCannon
July 29, 2011, 10:15 AM
Well, if Wal-Mart is evil, then I guess I'm Evil, too. I wonder if people will start Boycotting me?

youngda9
July 29, 2011, 10:24 AM
I am boycotting boycotting.

oldgold
July 29, 2011, 10:29 AM
I'm suprised no one has brought up AARP. A major contributor of handgun contol inc.

ZCORR Jay
July 29, 2011, 10:30 AM
Can I boycott the IRS? :rolleyes:

jon_in_wv
July 29, 2011, 10:31 AM
Target-for their refusal to donate to veterans programs, but yet have plenty of time to donate money to gay rights and the such. Haven't been in there since I walked out the door on theyre HR manager two years ago. Worst place to work...ever...ever.

This one is false. Target does donate to veterans programs, quite a lot of money as a matter of fact.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/target.asp

Additionally, Target does not allow the Salvation Army to solicite in front of the businesses. The Salvation Army spends a lot of those donations on gun control lobbying efforts so +1 for Target. I don't give the Salvation Army a dime. I also don't buy Levis.

Owner
July 29, 2011, 10:34 AM
This one is false. Target does donate to veterans programs, quite a lot of money as a matter of fact.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/target.asp

Additionally, Target does not allow the Salvation Army to solicite in front of the businesses. The Salvation Army spends a lot of those donations on gun control lobbying efforts so +1 for Target. I don't give the Salvation Army a dime. I also don't buy Levis.
Silly Mis-information....Salvation Army does NOT support gun control,they are a christian organization and that's why they were not allowed to continue ringing their bells in front of target.

Owner
July 29, 2011, 10:39 AM
Also..Snopes is HUGELY and NOTORIOUSLY liberal..just an FYI :P

Owner
July 29, 2011, 10:46 AM
There stances are on their website you may read them at your liesure:D
They are in support of reducing the nations supplys of NUCLEAR weapons...
they take NO stance on civillian arms ownership:D they are anti-gay and anti-abortion and thats why they can not ring thier bells in front of Target. Target is the one to be boycotted
source: http://www.salvationarmy.org/ind%5Cwww_ind.nsf/vw-sublinks/80256E520050A2E280256CB9005E9877?opendocument
Don't you hate it when people take a Lie and state it as pure fact?

Yo Mama
July 29, 2011, 10:52 AM
I'm suprised no one has brought up AARP. A major contributor of handgun contol inc.

I switched my Mom to AMAC. I also convinced a large insurance broker that he should check AMAC out as an alternative to provide folks insurance vs. AARP. In AZ, as soon as he bring up the AARP insurance, people here scoff and complain about their politics. He was glad he didn't need to go into that anymore. :D

dogtown tom
July 29, 2011, 10:55 AM
Owner ...Silly Mis-information....Salvation Army does NOT support gun control,they are a christian organization and that's why they were not allowed to continue ringing their bells in front of target.
Two wrongs still don't make it right.:rolleyes:
Target doesn't allow the Salvation Army to set up in front of their stores NOT BECAUSE they are a "Christian organization", but because Target has a no solicitation policy at it's stores. That policy INCLUDES EVERYONE.

BTW Target donates $$$$$ directly to the Salvation Army every year. Lot of $$$$.

jackpinesavages
July 29, 2011, 11:04 AM
I am supporting these folks with our dollars...

http://americanapparel.net/

Owner
July 29, 2011, 11:06 AM
Two wrongs still don't make it right.:rolleyes:
Target doesn't allow the Salvation Army to set up in front of their stores NOT BECAUSE they are a "Christian organization", but because Target has a no solicitation policy at it's stores. That policy INCLUDES EVERYONE.

BTW Target donates $$$$$ directly to the Salvation Army every year. Lot of $$$$.
Thanks for putting me in my place:D although they do allow schools to do fundraisers in front of the store,and girl scouts to set up tables in front of the store..in my neck of the woods that is...

El Mariachi
July 29, 2011, 11:10 AM
oldgold

Really? Wow, I'm like 4 months away from being eligible for that group. May have to reconsider that----and work on both my gun collection and my punk rock catalogue......:D

ErikO
July 29, 2011, 11:17 AM
I boycott BP/Amaco, Citgo and Exxon/Mobile. Two for lack of hand slaps after massive oil spills that could have been avoided had their own proper procedures been followed and the third due to Chavez's asshat-edness.

Gun vs non-gun, not so big a deal. Concealed means consealed. I work at a company that has banned possesion in the offices but allows them to be left locked in cars which is not ideal but they do pay me well enough that I can enjoy my trigger time. I'm working slowly to increase awareness; I hope to have a defensive shooting league team here within the next few years. :)

Owner
July 29, 2011, 11:29 AM
Hey Erik..Whats the liberal gun club?
I also boycott Time warner,7-11 and ATT for their strong anti gun stances

Mike1234567
July 29, 2011, 11:46 AM
I'm boycotting all crappy processed foods that are full of... crap.

ErikO
July 29, 2011, 11:57 AM
Just a RTKB club without "right-wingnuts". We're a "bit-left-of-center-wingnuts" group for armed Liberals, an alternate to NRA-ILA. http://theliberalgunclub.com

For the record, there are more armed Liberals than most would think and many more than Antis want to consider. ;)

Yo Mama
July 29, 2011, 11:59 AM
Either way, Eric we're glad to have you.

Winchester ammo.
Why?

Owner
July 29, 2011, 12:08 PM
Just a RTKB club without "right-wingnuts". We're a "bit-left-of-center-wingnuts" group for armed Liberals, an alternate to NRA-ILA. http://theliberalgunclub.com

For the record, there are more armed Liberals than most would think and many more than Antis want to consider. ;)
Not for me but i applaud you nonetheless

Mike1234567
July 29, 2011, 12:16 PM
Can I boycott the IRS? :rolleyes:
Of course. But you'll go to jail and/or lose all or much of what you own.:(

Inebriated
July 29, 2011, 12:30 PM
I'm also boycotting Winchester.

I don't like how they're willing to put their name on anything.

I'm also not doing anything paintball related, as that sport is killing itself with high prices, and I'm not giving them that.

And Gibson guitars. I'm boycotting them because their CEO is a complete ******bag when it comes to sales.

I refuse to buy anything from Apple until Steve Jobs is dead. I cannot stand that man. Oh, let's walk out on stage in our jeans, turtle neck, sport coat, and white sneakers and pretend we're changing the world with a phone that now has a low level form of multitasking. Ass.

Most of these are just personal annoyances that lead me to not want their products... not exactly a boycott in the sense that I think I'm making a difference.

SHOOOTER1
July 29, 2011, 12:54 PM
most of the ones everyone mentioned plus sprint gives money to the anti's - but gee that would mess up to many peoples cells - also still won't and never will own a smith & wesson for giving in to the clinton deal when all others held their ground. (from the threads here most people forgot that one).

ErikO
July 29, 2011, 02:11 PM
Actually, I've been a member here longer than the LGC. :)

I forgot to add Ruger to my list, as Sr helped frame the HCM ban. I guess when you don't have the ability to make mags larger than 10 rnds for your rifles without them jamming up there is no reason for your competition to do so until you get the bugs out...

TIMC
July 30, 2011, 11:04 AM
I'm boycotting all the manufactures of express rifles until the make one I can afford!
;)

macadore
July 30, 2011, 11:13 AM
I'm boycotting Mexico. I used to vacation there on a regular basis. I won't be back until Mexico cleans up its act.

jon_in_wv
July 30, 2011, 11:14 AM
Silly Mis-information....Salvation Army does NOT support gun control,they are a christian organization and that's why they were not allowed to continue ringing their bells in front of target.

The Salvation Army DOES use it funds to lobby congress for stricter gun control laws. The fact it doesn't appear on its website or the childish way you choose to discount it doesn't change the fact it is true nor does it make your claim that Target won't let them solicit because they are a "christian organazation" any more true. Sorry.

Mike1234567
July 30, 2011, 11:55 AM
I'm boycotting Mexico. I used to vacation there on a regular basis. I won't be back until Mexico cleans up its act.

Umm... Mexico's "act" is coming north. So, it seems you may have to boycott southern states (move from TX). Or... stay here to help us prevent "act 2".

Nico Testosteros
July 30, 2011, 12:36 PM
I boycott Dominos Pizza and ChickFilA.

Carter
July 30, 2011, 12:57 PM
I boycott Dominos Pizza and ChickFilA.

Why? I've never seen a no gun sign on a chickfila.

TexasBill
July 30, 2011, 03:58 PM

If you think Mom & Pop are making big bucks, guess again. The difference is that Mom & Pop are paying the highest wholesale price while the big box stores are buying direct from the factory and, in Wal-Mart's case, demanding the factory hit a certain price.

Yes, I can beat any local gun shop price by buying from Bud's but I can keep more of the money in the community by buying from Jim Pruett or one of the other local shops.

As far as boycotts go, the only place I frequent that has the 30.06 sign posted is my doctor's office. I like my doctor and I think I will keep going. Kind of awkward to be packing during an examination, anyway.

30-30shooter
July 30, 2011, 04:06 PM
chiappa

rori
July 30, 2011, 05:41 PM
Paypal and e bay. Quit a Dr when they put up a no guns sign. Told him why and left. Sign was down a week later but I wouldn't go back anyhow.

TexasBill
July 30, 2011, 06:32 PM
Add Progressive insurance, if it hasn't been mentioned. The owner is a big leftist donor. I guess the name "Progressive" is his own little joke.

Boycott who you want, but Progressive is a publicly traded corporation - there is no "owner." It was founded in 1937 and both founders are dead.

I've read all the responses and realized I am terrible at boycotting for RKBA reasons. I do shop at Target occasionally, I've been a Progressive customer for years, I own Smith & Wessons with the interlock that was added after the Clinton Administration was over, I order from Domino's Pizza.

I won't buy Levis, but that has to do with their employment practices. I don't eat at Chick-Fil-A because their chicken is awful. Same with Buffalo Wild Wings. I don't shop at Wal-Mart because of their employment practices and the fact that much of what they sell is junk made to a price-point, even the "name-brand" merchandise.

And, as mentioned, I am sticking with my doctor, who doesn't care anything at all about guns one way or the other (the professional corporation that owns the building put up the sign).

I will say that I do try to avoid businesses that are obnoxious about being anti-gun but I seldom encounter any of those and I do patronize businesses that are rational about RKBA.

lizziedog1
July 30, 2011, 07:24 PM
I am going to boycott the Planet Earth!:neener:

CraigC
July 30, 2011, 11:07 PM
Joe Lewis was co-founder of Progressive Insurance. His son, Peter Lewis, was their CEO from 1965-2000. He's still the Chairman of the Board and presumably, draws a check. He is the single largest contributor to the ACLU. The ACLU is a leftist/socialist organization that protects pedophiles. Lewis' "new world order" is scary. No way am I giving money to that clown's company.

TexasBill
July 31, 2011, 11:34 AM
The topic of this thread is boycotting businesses because of their attitude toward or actions against those who prefer to travel armed and have the lawful right to do so, not because they are "socialist,""fascist" or vegetarian. History shows us true socialists and fascists love guns (at least in their hands).

I try to draw the line between signs posted because the business' squirrelly attorneys told the company it was important from a liability point of view and those posted because the owner is actually anti-gun. It's tough to argue with corporate CYA. When it's the hysterical baloney we heard from the Texas Legislature last session, that's different. I am personally boycotting Dan Patrick next election.

I am not sure how one "boycotts" a business or group one would never utilize in the first place. What's the point? And who cares? You're already not doing business with them; are you going to organize pickets or stage a sit-down strike to actively hurt their business? Buy advertising to slam their stance on RKBA? In short, are you going to organize a real boycott where others, who are doing business with the offending enterprise, also withdraw their custom? Those are the kind of boycott most likely to produce results.

Mike1234567
July 31, 2011, 11:53 AM
TexasBill, you're too logical and focused for your own good.;)

mdauben
July 31, 2011, 01:22 PM
Ben n Jerry's. They are a major finanical contributor (http://gunowners.org/fs0302.htm)to the gun control lobby, among other "liberal" causes.

Blue Brick
July 31, 2011, 02:04 PM
Winchester Ammunition

KingMedicine
July 31, 2011, 04:04 PM
Texasbill +1

El Mariachi
July 31, 2011, 07:03 PM
KTHRB.......:rolleyes:

ObsidianOne
July 31, 2011, 07:17 PM
Red Robin.

weeniewawa
July 31, 2011, 07:49 PM
Hershey chocolate since they closed their factory in Oakdale Ca and moved it to mexico

not quite the great American chocolate bar anymore, not that I need any more chocolate

but here is an American made jean company for those who do not like Levis policies

http://www.gussetclothing.com/

Justin
July 31, 2011, 08:01 PM
This one keeps wavering between being somewhat on topic and grossly off topic.

I suspect a more focused thread, perhaps in the activism forum would be more useful.

If you enjoyed reading about "Who are you boycotting?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!