Magazines

PDA

hso
August 1, 2011, 07:39 PM
No, you can't buy that type from my local grocery store, but you can these. This is my local Super Kroger magazine display and there's quite a extensive collection of gun/knife/hunting magazines for sale all the time. -

If you enjoyed reading about "Magazines" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
M-Cameron
August 1, 2011, 08:20 PM
interesting to note they are on the top rack......

...round my parts, most of the gun magazines are hidden in the back of the bottom shelf.

Frank Ettin
August 1, 2011, 09:04 PM
But us short guys really hate it when a store puts the good magazines on the top. Put the coin, golf and archaeology stuff up there and keep the gun magazines where we can reach them.

And what's this thing "golf"?

Larry Ashcraft
August 1, 2011, 09:25 PM
Sporting Clays without a shotgun.

Frank Ettin
August 1, 2011, 09:42 PM
Sporting Clays without a shotgun. What fun is that?:confused: And people actually read magazines about something like that?:confused::confused:

gordy
August 1, 2011, 10:06 PM
And just think if they combined the two?
There you sit in your blind about 125 yards out from the tee.
You hear the word FOUR, you rack the slide of you trusty 20g.
Here it comes, you are fast and you get off 2 shots, you blast that small ball with your 2nd shot. Knowing that this guy will be mad as he just got a 1 stroke penalty. You mark your score as 2, The next guy is about to hit his small ball your way. Your reloading and are ready.
Got to love this sport.

Frank Ettin
August 1, 2011, 10:24 PM
If you just wing the ball and it goes into a sand trap, does the guy who hit it get a Mulligan?

bigfatdave
And what's this thing "golf"? a waste of a good rifle range

oneounceload
Funny - my old DRUG store used to sell guns, ammo, reloading components, hard liquor and psychedelic drugs with a scrip all at the same time with no waiting periods.............

oh yeah, they sold reading periodicals as well

Fred in Wisc
August 1, 2011, 10:26 PM
I always thought golf was playin' "fetch", but pretending you are the dog.

Davey Wavey
August 1, 2011, 11:48 PM
Even the swimsuit issue is at the bottom.

TenMillimaster
August 1, 2011, 11:53 PM
All my gunrags are hidden behind Bieber and his ilk at my grocery store. :C Doesn't stop me from dragging my feet everytime I and my girlfriend pass by the stand, though.

Even more fun- hiding all the trashy popstar magazines with gun rags, then waiting for any beliebers to do a double take at the stand.

VT Deer Hunter
August 2, 2011, 05:36 PM
I counted 53 outdoor related magazines!!!!! :what:

Obsidian
August 2, 2011, 07:30 PM
The Woodman's Grocery Store Chain in the area has a similar selection of gun rags, and up on the top shelf too. It is nice to see some places have that sort of selection!

hso
August 2, 2011, 09:10 PM
Local Ace Hardware nearby has a sizable gun counter AND outdoor periodicals! I think I'll run over there at lunch and snap some pix.

tooltech
August 3, 2011, 02:35 AM
If you swap the top and bottom racks, you would have my local King Soopers (another Kroger owned grocery)

Flopsweat
August 3, 2011, 08:31 AM
Golf and sporting clays?
And just think if they combined the two?

There are golf ball launchers that you can attach to the end of a 12 gauge barrel. You have to remember to use blanks though...

firemanstrickland
August 3, 2011, 08:53 AM
That sir......is a nice rack

If you enjoyed reading about "Magazines" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!