PMC Brand Slugs

PDA

foghornl
January 27, 2003, 12:15 PM
Has anyone tried the PMC brand 2-3/4" 12Ga slugs? I bought a couple of boxes the other day, about $2 per box/10.

I have had good results with PMC handgun ammo [38/357/45ACP], but never tried thier fodder for shottys.

TIA

If you enjoyed reading about "PMC Brand Slugs" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Dave McCracken
January 27, 2003, 05:42 PM
There's no ineffective 12 gauge slugs,Foghornl.

I've no experience with these,but an .73 caliber oz of lead moving at more than 1200 FPS or so packs trtemendous close range effect.

The crux is how they do in YOUR shotgun. Don a wearable recoil pad, use good form, and grind out some 50 yard groups from a benchrest. If they run less than 4", you're OK at that distance.

Please report your findings here.

Thanks...

Zorro
January 28, 2003, 01:20 AM
The "Brenneke Designed Slug?"

They work great so far, but I use this load as a brush gun, never tried it at 100 Yards. Usually 25 or so.

Hasn't shattered or over-expandeded and failed to penetrate on California Pest hogs yet, so it should work great on Bambi.

Claimed Muzzle Velocity is 1600 FPS, Havn't Chronographed any though.

labgrade
January 28, 2003, 06:03 AM
$2/box of 10!? Show me the way home. ;) I buy 'em for $2/5

I've run a couple hundred of the PMC Brennekes through a couple of my 12 870s. Zip problems, clover-leafs at 25+ yards, 1 oz at a touted (me neither re chrono) 1600 fps .... bought some more/stocked up actually.

Try those few you bought. You'll likely be pleased.

For me & mine, they're the best thing come across the pike in a while.

Can't seem to find 'em in 20 ga aroound here though & the "real" Brennkes in 20 are way pricey.

foghornl
January 28, 2003, 02:39 PM
Local "Gander Mountain" store [Mentor, Ohio] has them for $2.47 per box/10. Standard red & white PMC Ammunition box Rifled Slug 1 OZ

12 2-3/4 max slug 1oz size SL12B1

Figured why not? ? Slugs are usually $3-$4 for 5 around here. I have always been happy with PMC's handgun ammo, so I'll give 'em a try next weekend IF I can get to the ourdoor range.

If you enjoyed reading about "PMC Brand Slugs" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!