What's most popular Carry guns?

PDA

Lonerider357
August 4, 2011, 12:46 PM
Need to know which "Blue Guns" to buy to mold holsters.

If you enjoyed reading about "What's most popular Carry guns?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JTQ
August 4, 2011, 04:45 PM
Since you are a leather maker, what is most popular may be different from who uses leather.

I think the Glock, M&P, XD, are probably very popular, but those owners are probably using a lot of kydex products.

On the other hand, the 1911 & Hi-Power crowd are probably more likely to put their pistols in leather.

You can look at some of the custom (lean toward the boutique makers) leather maker sites and see what models they cover. Of course the big makers will cover just about any pistol, but even at Milt Sparks they have certain holsters listed as available for only a few pistols.

NMBrian
August 4, 2011, 04:51 PM
1911, Glock, XD, M&P.

Would probably be a good start.

ET
August 4, 2011, 10:17 PM
I carry a Glock 27. I know several friends who carry either the Glock 26/27 or 19/23 Glocks. M&Pc's are up & comming also.

jon86
August 4, 2011, 10:30 PM
Don't forget J frames!

armoredman
August 4, 2011, 10:38 PM
Cz pcr/p-01

Murcielago
August 4, 2011, 10:40 PM
Don't forget J frames!

Yep. A J Frame & a K Frame blue gun would get you a good share of the revolver market covered. I can't say I've met a revolver owner that carried his piece in kydex.

Jeb21
August 5, 2011, 12:42 AM
As a frustrated consumer, I have a different suggestion. I can buy holsters for popular handguns from the big factory holster makers with little to no wait time. However, finding a holster for a weapon that is not as popular is hard. For example a 3" jframe, or an IWB for a Ruger gp100. How about a good holster for a CZ-75. A Smith 3913 is a great carry gun, but you cannot find a selection of concealed carry holsers. I just bought a Beretta 81 and discovered that my holster options are limited. Ditto for a Ruger Security Six.

My point is that I would look for blue guns that are not necessarily popular. Best of luck to you. We can also use another quality holster maker.

possum
August 5, 2011, 12:46 AM
J frames and revolvers a pain in the butt to make holsters for. However, there is a need for them that is why I do them.

I don't know what is the most common per say, however I can tell you what i make holsters for the most. I am a holster and gear maker. Most of my business is 1911, g17/22, g-19/23, g-26/27. also lots of M&P work has been coming in as of late also.

Carter
August 5, 2011, 01:13 AM
Itd be nice to see more holsters for a cz 75 phantom, but I don't think there is a blue gun for that.

Don't forget about the other choices that aren't the super names like glock and m&p, but still very popular. Ruger sr9c, kahrs, beretta px4's, etc

ArchAngelCD
August 5, 2011, 02:31 AM
I agree, don't forget J frames. You will be surprised how many people carry a J frame daily.

Lonerider357
August 5, 2011, 03:09 AM
Yea, I was wondering about revolvers.

possum
August 5, 2011, 02:38 PM
I agree, don't forget J frames. You will be surprised how many people carry a J frame daily.
Of all the j frame holsters i have made, only one has been an OWB the others have all been AIWB. there are indeed more and more people carrying j frames that what one would think.

TimeIsRunninOut
August 6, 2011, 09:49 PM
Revolvers, Glock, M&P, XD, Sig, CZ, 1911, and pocket guns are really popular everywhere I have lived.

If you enjoyed reading about "What's most popular Carry guns?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!