how to make a lockable ammo can

PDA

johniac7078
August 6, 2011, 07:59 AM
might be of use to some folks. Hope it is helpful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyg2MDNndpk

If you enjoyed reading about "how to make a lockable ammo can" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Dave Markowitz
August 6, 2011, 10:20 AM
Good video.

mongo356
August 6, 2011, 01:13 PM
Wow

Well done

CapnMac
August 6, 2011, 06:13 PM
Neat.
I would have used a stepped cutting bit--I have a greenlee--as it make a nicer edge in sheetmetal.
The wood block drill guide is spot on, too.

Anyone else have a reflex to:
A, washer the nuts and bolts
B, paint the exposed metal edges

johniac7078
August 7, 2011, 01:53 PM
Neat.
I would have used a stepped cutting bit--I have a greenlee--as it make a nicer edge in sheetmetal.
The wood block drill guide is spot on, too.

Anyone else have a reflex to:
A, washer the nuts and bolts
B, paint the exposed metal edges

good points all around. thanks.

Lex Luthier
August 8, 2011, 11:52 AM
That's a great idea, but it would be more efficient to cut a slot. Drill two holes and remove the width with a jigsaw. Then you could use one of those hasps that locks down the snap plate.

Isn't our ammo supposed to be behind a locked door? It would be an additional unnecessary step in the process to get to the bang part if one were in a hurry.

Yarddog
August 8, 2011, 12:26 PM
I used the loop half of the slap latch & weilded it on and a peace of chain, Weilded to the floor of my pic em up truck, Works Great ; )
Y/D

hatchetbearer
August 9, 2011, 05:44 AM
I just use padlocks that have a little mounting chain on them. thread the chain through the hole in the handle and the bail and lock the other end of the chain up.

If you enjoyed reading about "how to make a lockable ammo can" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!