A quick video review of the S&W 625

PDA

Smaug
August 8, 2011, 12:14 AM
I just put this one up last night. Most comments are welcome, either here or with the YouTube video.

For some reason, I get a little tongue-tied when the camera's rolling, but it's not too bad, I think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS-FYv9aWpA

If you enjoyed reading about "A quick video review of the S&W 625" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Devonai
August 8, 2011, 02:45 AM
I have always lusted over the 625 and the 1917. For the money you got a great deal, I have never seen a used example or I probably would have sprained my elbow pulling out my wallet.

Despite the lack of ownership, the 625 and 1917 have always found a way into my fiction, in the hands of a main character.

As for the video, I have a few thoughts.

1. Don't worry about being tongue-tied. I probably wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't mentioned it.

2. You don't mention .45 Autorim as an alternative to moon clips.

3. I am comfortable handling loaded firearms in my home, as are many THR members. However, for a wider audience, I would consider redoing the video using snap caps instead of live rounds, if only to avoid any pernicious comments about unsafe practices.

Just my two cents. Thanks for posting!

loadedround
August 8, 2011, 08:32 AM
I enjoyed your video on the 625. Maybe you can come to my area (Valley Forge, Pa) and make a video of my S&W 25-2 Model of 1955. The beers will be on me. I shoot both 45 ACP in full moon clips and also 45 AR when feeling lazy. Both are both great and classic revolvers :)

Smaug
August 8, 2011, 11:54 PM
I am comfortable handling loaded firearms in my home, as are many THR members. However, for a wider audience, I would consider redoing the video using snap caps instead of live rounds, if only to avoid any pernicious comments about unsafe practices.

I figured out how to delete comments. One's own videos can also be set up such that comments need to be reviewed prior to being posted, if it comes to that. I also get tired of safety checking a gun just for the camera, when I have just done it off-camera. I don't think I'm going to do that any more, and I'll moderate comments as needed. ;) After all, it is not like the viewers are at risk of being shot!

@loadedround: Tempting! I'll try to remember this thread if I'm ever out that way! It's fun to meet fellow members face-to-face. They're NEVER what I expect.

If you enjoyed reading about "A quick video review of the S&W 625" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!