Cleaning a Winchester 94?

PDA

eazyrider
August 8, 2011, 07:49 PM
Am I just suppose to clean the bore and where I can reach with a brush or is something suppose to come off? I guess my question is, how do you guys do it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Cleaning a Winchester 94?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
klutchless
August 8, 2011, 08:24 PM
Youtube has some excellent videos on detail strip of your 94 but in general I run a bore snake down it brush out any heavy carbon in the action a drop of oil wipe it down and put it away.

CraigC
August 8, 2011, 08:28 PM
I've got two that see regular use but can't remember the last time I cleaned either one of them. Just wipe it off.

GCBurner
August 8, 2011, 08:32 PM
I used to clean it with a rod and a bore guide, until I got a Hoppe's Bore Snake. I only break it down completely every couple of years for a detail cleaning, and then only if the action looks like it's getting crud built up inside in the corners.

Kendal Black
August 8, 2011, 08:50 PM
Don't take it apart; routine cleaning does not require it. Since you cannot use a cleaning rod from the breech end, use a muzzle protector, such as the Kleen Bore Muzzle Guard, and clean from the muzzle, or else use a pull-through cleaner from the breech end.

It's field stripped enough when the lever is down. :)

Free instruction manuals: http://www.winchesterguns.com/customerservice/ownersmanuals/index.asp

bergmen
August 8, 2011, 10:03 PM
Yeppers, the bore snake is the beez neez. So easy to use I drag it through each time I get home from the gun club. Dip a pinch of the snake in Hoppes #9 just in front of the bristle brush and drag it through.

If you enjoyed reading about "Cleaning a Winchester 94?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!