Tough Month on My Wallet

PDA

highpower
August 9, 2011, 06:01 PM
Boy, July was hard on my finances.

First I came across this Smith and Wesson Model 66 no dash

http://highpower.smugmug.com/Other/Firearms/i-qMDTFFD/0/L/IMG0337-L.jpg

Then I happened to walk into a gun store just as this Colt single action was being put on consignment.

http://highpower.smugmug.com/Other/Firearms/i-zts4TTF/0/L/IMG0326-L.jpg

Ten days later I strolled into another shop looking for ammo for the Colt and there was this Python calling my name.

http://highpower.smugmug.com/Other/Firearms/i-XBW2bdH/0/L/IMG0367-L.jpg

I can't afford to go anywhere near where firearms are being sold for a long, long while.

If you enjoyed reading about "Tough Month on My Wallet" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
cyclopsshooter
August 9, 2011, 06:07 PM
i want that smith! droool

Flint Ridge
August 9, 2011, 09:34 PM
Very nice all of them, but the no dash has some sweet grips - beautiful grain.

19-3Ben
August 9, 2011, 09:39 PM
I know it was probably the lest expensive of the group but that Smith is the winner in my book.

BCRider
August 9, 2011, 09:41 PM
I feel your "pain" highpower. The last time I bought a cleaning brush it cost me just under $700. Mind you it came with a complimentary handgun... :D

Positively the WORST shops for that are the ones that take in consignments or take trades. I've been burned in this same way about 4 or 5 times now. I go in for some $20 to $30 widget or bottle of stuff and end up buying something else that I need a trigger lock for... It's getting to where I'm really gun shy of even crossing their threshold! ! ! !

highpower
August 9, 2011, 11:33 PM
The real problem is that I am a pushover for orphan guns. I mean, why else would they be for sale if they weren't wanted? I believe that it is my obligation to give them all a good home.

It's like every time I walk in a gun store to buy ammo, I walk out with a new reason to buy more ammo. I think that my only hope is to start ordering through the mail.

Fishslayer
August 10, 2011, 04:43 PM
I feel your "pain" highpower. The last time I bought a cleaning brush it cost me just under $700. Mind you it came with a complimentary handgun...

I feel your pain. I went into my range/LGS for a box of bullets once. Cost me $600+. :(

bannockburn
August 10, 2011, 06:52 PM
highpower

Wow! I would love to walk into my favorite gunshop and find even one of those revolvers waiting to be adopted into a loving collection. Nice work, even if it was a little hard on your wallet!

788Ham
August 11, 2011, 02:04 AM
highpower,

That Python is a beautiful hunk of iron! WHEW, I've got one in the vault, would sure like to add that brother to it........... you've done well. I just got back from Vegas, made enough to buy an SP 101 .357, plus have some stashed, maybe I ought to look around a little, wish I could find a store like you shop in.

If you enjoyed reading about "Tough Month on My Wallet" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!