Review: Raven Concealment Systems Phantom Holster

PDA

sturmgewehr
August 10, 2011, 11:12 AM
The Raven Phantom kydex modular holster is a high quality and well made system. I say it's a "system" because the holster can be easily reconfigured by the operator to a number of different configurations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZplHQWW-UEM

Questions and comments are welcome.

If you enjoyed reading about "Review: Raven Concealment Systems Phantom Holster" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
JTQ
August 10, 2011, 03:27 PM
Good review. I've had one for a couple of years for a 1911.

While they are really targeted towards the "tactical" crowd, I found it makes a lot of sense for those new to holsters. With the various attachment options and the ability to wear it IWB or OWB it allows you to try different wear options with just one holster and a few different attachments. It really helps figure out what works for you without buying a bunch of holsters.

One thing you didn't show, that I like a lot about the holster, is the ability to change the cant of the holster by just adjusting where you mount the attachments.

Thanks for the review.

tiro6
August 11, 2011, 10:08 AM
Thanks for the review! I just bought a NTAC (similar to the Raven Phantom) for the Glock 19, and its a very nice system. I'm always having discussions with my friend, who has his Glock 19 in a Serpa holster, who has the better holster and I think this video helps prove my point!

Sapper771
August 14, 2011, 06:52 PM
Thanks for the review. I have a Phantom for my G17/19/26 and I love it. Best holster I have found so far.
It was a bit tight on retension when I first got it, but it loosened up after a few hundred presentation drills. The only negative was the 20 weeks I had to wait to get it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Review: Raven Concealment Systems Phantom Holster" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!