Shooting problem

PDA

CZ-75BD
August 10, 2011, 01:20 PM
I went yesterday on range and shoot CZ-75BD, and noticed something not right all bullets vent to low, even I pointed it high all goes to low and more to the right of center.
Gun has fixed sight and I shoot it for 4 years.
Anybody can suggest something?

If you enjoyed reading about "Shooting problem" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
forindooruseonly
August 10, 2011, 01:57 PM
Trigger control. Sounds like you are flinching.

CZ-75BD
August 10, 2011, 03:02 PM
This is not the first time I'm shooting that gun, and I shot EAA 45 Witnees same time - all close to 9-10, great grouping

Cop Bob
August 10, 2011, 07:23 PM
Trigger control. Sounds like you are flinching.
+1...

If it is a gun that you have shot for 4 years, and suddenly we are experiencing what you are describing.. Without actually watching you shoot... I'm gonna go with trigger control, sound like your "heading" the gun, or diving into the grip at the moment of release causing the muzzle to dip.. The stringing shots to the right, is what I have always refered to as "Slapping" the trigger, or a quick snap or final pull through of te trigger, in anticipation of the recoil, causing your grip, and the pistol, to pull to the right...

F-111 John
August 10, 2011, 08:27 PM
Have you tried the snap cap trick to see if you are flinching?

M-Cameron
August 10, 2011, 09:07 PM
do you wear glasses?...

..if so, check to make sure you are not looking over the top of them when you are shooting.

CZ-75BD
August 11, 2011, 08:22 AM
I changed grips from plastic CZ for rubber, made by CZ also so maybe that a problem with new grip, it feels different in a hand and I need more time to adjust.

The Lone Haranguer
August 11, 2011, 01:48 PM
Follow-through is important, too. Don't look up from the sights to see where your bullet holes went.

ET
August 11, 2011, 02:13 PM
This is not the first time I'm shooting that gun, and I shot EAA 45 Witnees same time - all close to 9-10, great grouping

You asked for suggestions & the first thing that "pops" into people's minds is trigger control when a gun shoots low & left. Plus it is like a golf swing... Just because you have been doing it for 4 years doesn't mean that you haven't reverted back to some bad habits. I have to keep honing my golf swing because just when I think I've perfected it, up pops an old habit to muck up the technique. :banghead: Or something that I did wrong that I got away with for four years now is causing my ball to hook because something else changed in my swing. :cuss: Just saying...

Old Shooter
August 11, 2011, 02:15 PM
Change back to the original grips and see if that fixes the problem.

CZ-75BD
August 11, 2011, 03:45 PM
Thank you all, I will go today again and see what happens

If you enjoyed reading about "Shooting problem" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!