Rockin' my Redhawk

PDA

wuluf
August 12, 2011, 12:09 AM
My wife and I went for a half hour walk tonight and just for grins I carried my 4" .44 Redhawk instead of the 3" Kimber. Thought it would be..um..painful and was surprised at how comfortably it rides in a Simply Rugged Sourdough holster. Oh, I know it's there, but it's almost twice the weight of the Kimber and not at all uncomfortable. For a half hour, anyway!

If you enjoyed reading about "Rockin' my Redhawk" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
hardluk1
August 12, 2011, 12:15 PM
And after 8 hours it may make you think about a quality shoulder or chest holster. They do wear on you as time goes buy.

Lucky Derby
August 12, 2011, 08:56 PM
I've found that a good belt and holster make all the differnce in the world. The simply rugged is simply the best when it comes to carrying a big, heavy wheelgun.

ColtPythonElite
August 12, 2011, 09:24 PM
The holster and belt make all the difference...I recently went on a 4 day camping trip. I wore a 4" Anaconda in a Tex Shoemaker Hugger Pancake most of the time. It didn't bother me.

Scipio Africanus
August 13, 2011, 02:34 AM
I am a believer in Simply Rugged products. They are wonderful. And that extra heft can be fantastic for your peace of mind.

Lucky Derby
August 14, 2011, 12:47 AM
I am a believer in Simply Rugged products. They are wonderful. And that extra heft can be fantastic for your peace of mind.
Yes, despite the extra weight, I am much more comfortable carrying my SP101 than I am carrying my 342Ti.

If you enjoyed reading about "Rockin' my Redhawk" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!