Uncle Mikes Kydex Holsters

PDA

mp510
August 12, 2011, 10:58 AM
I am thinking about buying one of the Uncle Mike's Kydex holsters for my USP. Pricewise, they seem like a decent deal since there doesn't seem to be the gluttony of affordable second hand leather available for the USP as there are my other pistols (smith 3rd gen, 1911, etc...). I would probably use it more for range use (occasional matches, etc...) than anything else, though I may consider it for occassional CC. However, Uncle MIkes' reputation based on their one size fits all holsters is....not so good. Would this be a decent holster for me to consider?

If you enjoyed reading about "Uncle Mikes Kydex Holsters" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
The Lone Haranguer
August 12, 2011, 01:39 PM
For casual use, they are better than nothing, I suppose. IMO, not for any serious use like everyday carry or even some matches that require you to move a lot. BTW, the Kydex holsters are molded to a specific gun; it is the nylon holsters that are a more "generic" fit.

If you enjoyed reading about "Uncle Mikes Kydex Holsters" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!