Sooo much for that red dot.

PDA

627PCFan
August 12, 2011, 10:29 AM
For years I have had a Bushnell multireticle redot which I originally purchased for turkey hunting. Since then I have had it on my 7mm rem mag for indoor range fun for new shooters, my 223 and a few others. I mounted it up on my S&W 627 last night and went to the range to practice up for deer season this fall and do some load testing....well it survived 48 180gr rounds and then the reticle went. All that shooting on the big rifles and shotguns and the 357 killed it. If anyone has an Aimpoint Micro, Id be interested to hear what you like and dont like about it aside from price :)

If you enjoyed reading about "Sooo much for that red dot." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Stainz
August 12, 2011, 10:54 AM
If you have a 5" PC627 or a 4" 627 Pro, like mine bottom below, you are in luck. Just get a .250" tall 'Classic/DX' style HiViz fiber optic sight for a spring-loaded front sight mount - no tools required. It'll light up in dim daylight - no batteries required. Very sturdy, too. My 5" JM PC 627 V-Comp, top below, fantastic revolver, was relegated to the safe for the first two years I had the 627 Pro - and was sold a year ago. Love the HiViz front sight.

http://s171.photobucket.com/albums/u307/Stainz_2007/IMG_3339.jpg

Stainz

oldfool
August 12, 2011, 07:06 PM
there is a lot to be said for those fiber optic fronts
you will never really know how much if only look at 'em indoors
not great in the shade, but a little dab of sunlight UV will do ya'
and bright sunlight produces a pretty stunning result
lots of 'em made these days for most any gun that has a pinned or dovetailed front

If you enjoyed reading about "Sooo much for that red dot." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!