forend pistol grip

PDA

willymc
August 15, 2011, 02:16 PM
I wasn’t sure where to put this. Mods, feel free to move it. I checked the California DOJ website and the ATF website and couldn’t find anything on this. Can I legally put a folding pistol grip on the forend of a TC Contender that is in the pistol configuration?

If you enjoyed reading about "forend pistol grip" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
USAF_Vet
August 15, 2011, 02:41 PM
Is it considered a pistol? IE registered as such?

I know in my state, our most draconian of laws requires getting a purchase permit for all hand guns, and folding stock rifles and some stockless shotguns.

If it is considered a pistol, then a forward vertical grip is not allowed. I think that's fed law, but I could be mistaken.

Sam1911
August 15, 2011, 03:14 PM
If it is a pistol, then no. Adding a vertical foregrip makes it fall within the definition of a Title II "Any Other Weapon." (According to the ATF.)

You could pay the $200 making tax and register it as an AOW, but it would make MUCH more sense to pay the $200 making tax and register it as a Short-Barreled Rifle as then you could put both the vertical foregrip and a shoulder stock with whatever barrel you wanted. Or just one or just the other. Or neither. Make sense?

willymc
August 15, 2011, 03:20 PM
Thanks, Sam. That is the info I needed. More B.S. laws. What a crock.

If you enjoyed reading about "forend pistol grip" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!