machine gun question

PDA

Brockak47
August 15, 2011, 09:55 PM
So i guess you have to be 21 to buy a machine gun, i am 19, is there anyway to get around it, like can i create a corporation, and list myself in it, and buy the item through the corporation? the item i am looking at is an FNC sear, i would be buying it for investment.

basically is it possible for me to do this? thanks guys/gals

If you enjoyed reading about "machine gun question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Strykervet
August 15, 2011, 10:26 PM
In a couple of years, yeah.

State law often allows ways around this, but federal law?

For a definitive answer, a call to the ATF technology branch will usually do the job.

Brockak47
August 15, 2011, 11:08 PM
well i could always have my dad buy it and sell it to me when i am of age, But i would essentially have to pay the 200 dollar stamp twice right?

medalguy
August 15, 2011, 11:31 PM
Create a trust and the trust owns the item. Any trustee can possess the item PROVIDED state and federal law don't disallow it. Check your state laws.

Brockak47
August 16, 2011, 12:02 AM
Medalguy i am going to read into that tomorrow, if that works, thank you and the lord lol.
thanks so much

If you enjoyed reading about "machine gun question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!