Any info on EMF coming out with a 44mag Single Action Army?

PDA

gilgsn
August 21, 2011, 10:17 PM
Just wondering:

http://www.emf-company.com/store/pc/CALIFORNIAN-STANDARD-GRIP-44MAG-5-1-2-136p1422.htm

If you enjoyed reading about "Any info on EMF coming out with a 44mag Single Action Army?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
tpelle
August 22, 2011, 09:43 AM
Don't know why they wouldn't. All of these pistols are pretty much made by Uberti or by Pietta. It's just a matter of placing the order and thinking up a catchy name.

Tallinar
August 22, 2011, 12:16 PM
Will be interested to learn the dimensions of this gun. Right now, the SAA-type replica guns in 44 mag I've been able to find have been old model Vaqueros and EAA Bounty Hunters - both of which are of course overbuilt (compared to original SAA dimensions) with 44 mag full pressure loads in mind.

If they found a way to rationalize building original SAA or New Vaquero-type frame dimensions around 44 magnum - I'm kinda interested in at least learning more.

Dr.Rob
August 22, 2011, 01:37 PM
Why make a 44 magnum that can't handle full pressure loads?

That's what 44 special is for.

If they really make this I'd be interested.

Tallinar
August 22, 2011, 03:31 PM
Why make a 44 magnum that can't handle full pressure loads?

You could "almost" apply this reasoning to modern SAA-sized replicas in .45 Colt such as the New Vaquero, since today's definition of "full pressure" .45 Colt is not synonymous with SAAMI's definition.

The reason I'd wanted an SAA replica in .44 magnum was simply so I could load to moderate .44 special levels using .44 magnum cases so I could get away with using the same handloaded cartridge I'd perfected for my model 92 levergun.

But handloading is the catch. Many people don't handload, and I doubt it would be too long before someone blew up a .44 magnum SAA using standard run-of-the-mill factory ammo. Only way I can see them doing it is to overbuild like the Vaquero/EAA.

gilgsn
August 22, 2011, 10:57 PM
Hello,

That's what I wondered.. Will it be a regular size SAA or bigger.. Uberti has a 44 mag. SAA, but it looks slightly larger, and the finish is plain black/blued. It would be interesting to know who will make it. I am thinking Pietta, like their regular model. Anyway, it wouldn't be a loaded-down 44mag. The lawyers would have a field day.
If it's bigger, then rechanbering it for 45 Colt +P, that would be the ticket!

Gil.

If you enjoyed reading about "Any info on EMF coming out with a 44mag Single Action Army?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!