1875 Remington Reproductions

PDA

DocHollowpoint
August 22, 2011, 01:05 PM
I would like to hear of your experiences with the 1875 Army/Outlaw, and opinions as to which make you think is the best and why
Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "1875 Remington Reproductions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
DPris
August 22, 2011, 02:00 PM
Only one current maker, Uberti.
Denis

mackg
August 28, 2011, 09:22 AM
I've just read on an other DB that Uberti's are more consistent than rebranded ones (better sighting, etc...).

CraigC
August 28, 2011, 11:04 AM
You mean that Uberti's are better than rebranded Uberti's??? If that's what you're saying, I wouldn't lend any credibility to whoever told you that.

We bought dad a 7" 1875 .45Colt for Christmas several years ago. Did some stoning on the action, swapped the springs and it has been a very good sixgun. Shoots to point of aim and is quite accurate.

mackg
August 28, 2011, 06:33 PM
Most gunmakers seem to have "Factory Seconds". They will send them to whichever market/distributor who will accept them. Some factories are/were even kind enough to reflect this in their distributor prices.
You should see the fit and finish of American guns on foreign markets... for twice the price...

CraigC
August 28, 2011, 11:34 PM
I've seen no evidence to support that theory.

If you enjoyed reading about "1875 Remington Reproductions" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!