Slipping the rings (setting zero) on a Burris Signature ain't easy...Or is it?

PDA

Buckskinner
January 23, 2004, 11:00 PM
Folks, I had my LRPR out today, and tried to slip the rings to set zero. Its a Burris Signature 8-32 with Target Turrets.

I found where I wanted zero to be, and loosened the two very small allen bolts that lock the screw. I moved the screw ring down to the zero hash mark and tightened up the bolts again.

Here's the bad thing: The small ring at the base of the turret that has the zero hash and other numbers on it for indexing the screw ring MOVES. So unless I put a witness mark on that ring and the scope body, how will I know where my zero really is? What am I missing here?

It looks like the base/hash rings are supposed to rotate, maybe to see better, but I don't understand how I'm supposed to find zero then...

There's nothing on the website or in the literature. Requests of the company have gone unreturned...

If you enjoyed reading about "Slipping the rings (setting zero) on a Burris Signature ain't easy...Or is it?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Buckskinner
January 24, 2004, 03:52 PM
Or has a Burris?

Can the viewer's recommend any resources?

If you enjoyed reading about "Slipping the rings (setting zero) on a Burris Signature ain't easy...Or is it?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!