I can't make myself carry anything else but my sp101 3"

PDA

NMGonzo
August 27, 2011, 12:15 PM
I've been out of the country for 2 months and back to the land of being able to have a pistol with me where legal to do so.

For the life of me I cannot carry anything other than the sp101.

Everything else feels that is sticking out like I am trying to smuggle a pair of skiis.

Can't wait for fall to come.

Not really.

Just annoying.

If you enjoyed reading about "I can't make myself carry anything else but my sp101 3"" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
ColtPythonElite
August 27, 2011, 01:42 PM
What are your other choices? I could think of far more things to be annoyed with than "being stuck with an SP to carry"...LOL.....I have many good choices, but usually choice my SP for belt carry. I wear it 8+ hours most days that I am street clothes.

svaz
August 27, 2011, 01:47 PM
I'm wish'n I had an SP-101 to carry. :rolleyes:

EVIL
August 27, 2011, 02:16 PM
nothin' wrong with that - I carry mine IWB all the time (alternating with my G27) It is a great revolver for belt carry.

NMGonzo
August 27, 2011, 02:51 PM
Other choices would be the Full Size 1911 and the Full Size CZ.

sixgunner455
August 27, 2011, 04:04 PM
Those are harder to conceal, for sure. I'm usually carrying a small or medium framed revolver myself, and don't ever feel badly about it. Except if I'm going to Tucson or Phoenix or something. Then I put up with the big gun. :D

ColtPythonElite
August 27, 2011, 04:04 PM
Eh, I'd rather carry the SP than either one of those regardless of the season.

Rexster
August 27, 2011, 04:24 PM
After buying myself a 3.06" SP101, it seems I don't want to carry anything else, except another SP101, and yes, I mean two at the same time. (My others are 2.25", not 3.06".) There is something so perfect about the SP101; large enough to shoot about as well as a service handgun, yet not much larger than a pocket gun.

jame
August 28, 2011, 01:10 AM
I had planned on exclusive carry of a 3" SP101. I bought the holster (already have a good belt), installed the springs, grips, reloading dies, secured brass.......but a one little thing stopped me.

A bulged disc in my lower back pretty much changed all that. Carrying around a loaded 28 ounce gun in a heavy leather holster isn't exactly cake for me.

Grudgingly, I had to make the move to an LCP.

I still have the SP101, though.

If you enjoyed reading about "I can't make myself carry anything else but my sp101 3"" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!