Where'd the Peters brand shotgun shells go?

PDA

rozziboy18
August 28, 2011, 11:16 PM
hey guys and gals

last year i fell in love with peters 12 gauge ammo at a local dove shoot. WHERE DID IT ALL GO??? my browning loves this stuff!

the shell in question was came in a white box, peters across the top, blue shells, 8 shot 2 3/4 inch.

can they still be had, or a equivalant be found?

thanks guys!

If you enjoyed reading about "Where'd the Peters brand shotgun shells go?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
303tom
August 29, 2011, 09:01 AM
During the Great Depression, Remington was purchased by the DuPont Corporation, which had made its fortune with improvements to gunpowder. A year later, Remington purchased the Peters Cartridge Company; today, many of the Remington headstamps still have R-P on them for Remington-Peters.They dropped the peters name several years ago when all shot gun shells went to the 209 primer.

JohnBT
August 29, 2011, 09:05 AM
I don't know offhand. It's just Remington ammo with a different name on it. Which kind of Remington ammo is another thing I don't know.

303tom
August 29, 2011, 09:14 AM
From what I can ascertain from a little e-net searching, you may have just shot up a small fortune. There are all kinds of collectors out there willing to pay big money for the Peters name !

oneounceload
August 29, 2011, 10:08 AM
Remington puts out some Peters branded boxes now and again, especially around hunting season - nice blue boxes

Kenaidave
September 22, 2012, 10:01 AM
I buy peters shotgun shells at Sportsman Warehouse. They have 2 3/4 heavy target loads in #7 1/2 & #8 (low brass base's). I use them for trap shooting with great success.

303tom
September 22, 2012, 09:53 PM
I buy peters shotgun shells at Sportsman Warehouse. They have 2 3/4 heavy target loads in #7 1/2 & #8 (low brass base's). I use them for trap shooting with great success.
Link, Please...............

eastbank
September 23, 2012, 03:11 PM
the two peters boxs are from the 60,s i think,the australian shell box was picked up at a shooting range by a friend in australia. do you think a company could market a box like that in the U.S.? eastbank.

mnrivrat
September 23, 2012, 10:36 PM
Nice Pair ------ of Ducks :what:

TheRyno865
September 23, 2012, 10:39 PM
brother i have about 100 left in an ammo can if you fell like driving to SC to come get them,

Tom Held
September 24, 2012, 10:37 AM
I shot at a sporting clays range last week in New Jersey. They furnished the 20 gauge shells which were Peters. They had a fiber wad, no plastic wad cup. The range does not allow any shells with plastic wads only fiber. One station over a lake required that you shoot non-toxic RST ammo, which they provided. The 12 gauge shells were made by Gamebore, a subsidiary of Kent. The shells were completely transparent and you could see the shot, wad, and powder. I was surprised but it was a really nice load, 1200 fps.

I guess this is what shotgunning is coming to now.

If you enjoyed reading about "Where'd the Peters brand shotgun shells go?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!