need help please

PDA

Burtgummerseviltwin
January 24, 2004, 11:45 AM
I have been considering purchasing my first handgun and I hope to get one very soon. However a friend of mine has told me that you can't purchase a handgun without a drivers license. I am 21 years old and I do not have a drivers license because I am legally blind. I can see fine and I have shot other peoples guns without a problem so it won't effect my shooting. The only thing I'm worried about is that I may not be able to purchase a handgun without a valid drivers license. Does anyone know if this is true. Thanks for responding.

If you enjoyed reading about "need help please" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
goalie
January 24, 2004, 11:56 AM
Do you have a valid state issued ID card? That usually works as well.

Burtgummerseviltwin
January 24, 2004, 12:14 PM
Yes I do. I just got my ID a couple weeks ago. Hope to go buy a handgun pretty soon. Or maybe a rifle I'm not sure about that yet. I was also hoping to get a concealed carry permitt. So I hope that will work. Thanks for your help.

Burtgummerseviltwin
January 24, 2004, 12:18 PM
Also do you know if it's legal to buy a pre-ban gun in the U.S. Like guns with 30 round mags. thanks.

TarpleyG
January 24, 2004, 09:36 PM
That ID card should work. You do not need to be able to drive to shoot a gun. All you need to do is provide proof that you are 21 and a state issued ID card is for that purpose exactly. Welcome to the board.

GT

4v50 Gary
January 24, 2004, 09:42 PM
Pre-ban guns and pre-ban greater-than-10 round magazines are legal to buy & possess.

If you enjoyed reading about "need help please" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!