Browning BLR accuracy?

PDA

H&Hhunter
August 30, 2011, 07:20 PM
I am looking at a BLR take down. What kind of accuracy have you guys been getting with these rifles?

If you enjoyed reading about "Browning BLR accuracy?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
cowpoke
August 30, 2011, 07:48 PM
Never had the BLR take down .But the reg BLR 2in groups at 100 yd with 243 . My wifes rifle

Ole Humpback
August 30, 2011, 09:37 PM
Both my dad and me have great grouping at 100yds, but not MOA. My BLR 257 Roberts with Federal +P 120gr Nosler Partitions put 5 shots into a 2.5" to 3" group at 100yds using a Simmons Atec 4-12 scope sighted in for about 200yds. Pretty much the same results with the iron sights as well. My dads BLR 358 Winchester did about the same as well. My dad needed a muzzle break & pad for his 358 though because the gun weighs right at or just over 6lbs whereas my 257 weighs 7lbs by itself?

Both guns do shoot far better than that with skill. One of my professors in college was bullseyeing sporting clays (stationary) at 100yds all day with both my 257 & my dads 358.

If you enjoyed reading about "Browning BLR accuracy?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!