handheld decapper?

PDA

duck911
August 30, 2011, 10:09 PM
Anyone have any experience with this unit?

http://harveydeprimer.com/

Decapping while sitting in the recliner watching football sounds right up my alley :D

--Duck911

If you enjoyed reading about "handheld decapper?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
loadedround
August 31, 2011, 07:35 AM
First I've heard of it. It appears to be a neat gadget but I don't sit in front of the boob tube for hours wanting to deprime cases. Besides the one who has to be obeyed, says there is a proper place for reloading activities and that place is not the family room....yes dear. LOL :)

Shaky
August 31, 2011, 11:44 AM
Kinda like a Lee hand press, but smaller. 'Course, you can't flare or size them in front of the tube.

moxie
August 31, 2011, 12:48 PM
Don't get the point of a separate tool/step for decapping when the sizer (or sometimes the expander) die automatically does that for you. Now, I do prime cases in front of the TV.

rcmodel
August 31, 2011, 12:52 PM
Some folks like to deprime before ultrasonic cleaning so the primer pockets get cleaned.
Others, like benchrest shooters use the same neck sized cases over & over again at the shooting bench.

Otherwise for the rest of us, I agree with you.
Whats the point?
Your reloading dies are going to do it anyway.

rc

duck911
August 31, 2011, 02:14 PM
I currently deprime at my bench, I use the resize die but DEPRIME ONLY.

I prefer to tumble and clean my brass after depriming to get the pocket clean, and I don't like running dirty brass through the sizing die.

So, the option of being able to deprime w/o being tied to the bench is appealing...

If you enjoyed reading about "handheld decapper?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!