Best CAMO Rainsuit

PDA

blackops
September 2, 2011, 06:52 PM
Guys,

I'm looking for a rain suit. I would like it in seclusion 3d from cabelas, but I will take any kind of decent pattern. It seems hard to find a lightweight yet durable rain suit that won't rip if it gets caught on a twig or any kind of limb. I'll be packing this suit and I will use it only for a "shell" if the rain tries to start on me.

Anybody no of any durable/lightweight/camo rain suits?

If you enjoyed reading about "Best CAMO Rainsuit" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
daorhgih
September 2, 2011, 07:01 PM
Carry two USGI ponchos, and learn to use them; stop trying to out-lingo us, professionals. Eventually the rain will stop. L1S1

pikid89
September 3, 2011, 12:30 AM
I would like it in seclusion 3d from cabelas, but I will take any kind of decent pattern

be careful getting stuck on one pattern...camo these days is printed to dupe the hunter with too much money, not the deer/duck/hog etc...photorealistic camo IMO is too sharp for use as camo...its supposed to break up your outline, not make you invisible in one spot

the only animal I've ever hunted that i feel you need camo for are turkeys, and there are guys that don't need camo for those either

SlamFire1
September 3, 2011, 12:49 AM
I have been wearing one of these Swiss poncho's at Camp Perry everytime it rains. Swiss gear is very well made, heavy plastic sewed and seamed. The hood is big enough you can pull it over a hat brim with lots of space to go.

http://www.swisslink.com/products/rain_gear/swiss_army_alpenflage_poncho-17-1524/

Swiss Army Alpenflage Poncho

bannockburn
September 3, 2011, 07:21 AM
blackops

I don't know what the best camo pattern would be, but from being outdoors in all kinds of inclement weather, I would look for something made from Gore-Tex material for truly effective rain gear.

Devonai
September 3, 2011, 08:39 AM
For light to moderate rain, I have used this jacket:

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/german-mil-gore-tex-jacket-fleck-camo.aspx?a=140667

For heavy rain, you really need a full Gore-Tex suit. The USGI ECWCS parka and pants are excellent, if pricey on the civilian market. Last but not least, be sure to get waterproof gloves, or your wet hands or gloves will wick up your sleeves and soak your shirt.

whalerman
September 3, 2011, 08:48 AM
I second the Gore-Tex vote. Get something that breathes. It's well worth the money.

LemmyCaution
September 3, 2011, 10:10 AM
I have this:

German Flectarn 2 Piece Wet Weather Suit (http://centerfiresystems.com/S-GERFC2PC.aspx)

Excellent quality and very low price for gore-tex.

USAF_Vet
September 3, 2011, 11:00 AM
I use either the Gore-Tex jacket and pants (woodland camo) or the two piece rain suit (also woodland camo) I was issued.

hso
September 3, 2011, 11:02 AM
Sorry, but clothing is a little outside our scope.

If you enjoyed reading about "Best CAMO Rainsuit" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!