Info on an older Interarms .30-'06

PDA

aryfrosty
January 24, 2004, 08:22 PM
I recently aquired an older Interarms .30-'06. It has a Mannlicher stock, "butter paddle" bolt handle, and it is marked with both Interarms logos and what appears to be a "CZ" logo on the left rear of the action.
I've always had a soft spot in my heart, (maybe in my head, too...) for full stocked rifles.Well made ones, that is, and this is a beauty. The fellow I got this from bought it in an estate sale and you can tell it was loved and cared for. The bluing is well over 95% and the wood has 2 small places I can find which are less than ideal. One is a "gunrack ding" on the forepart of the stcok. The other is a small amount of staining near the muzzle taht appears to be from solvent or gun oil. I sent a letter to the NRA dope bag and they tried, but they honestly were no help in finding any history of this little rifle. If anyone has insight to share with me about the maker or other info I will be grateful to you. It came without sights so it is down at Lewis Arms in Bow, NH getting some traditional open sights installed.
Thanks to all of you...
Alan :confused:

If you enjoyed reading about "Info on an older Interarms .30-'06" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Art Eatman
January 24, 2004, 10:34 PM
You might run a duplicate of this thread in Harley Nolden's forum; I'll leave this open here in order for more viewing...

:), Art

If you enjoyed reading about "Info on an older Interarms .30-'06" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!