No more small rifle primers being made?

PDA

788Ham
September 5, 2011, 01:33 AM
I was talking to a friend on Sat. past, he'd mentioned something about the possibility of small rifle primers not being made anymore, something to do with Obamantion ? Is this something new thats come out and I missed it, or something thats being tossed around and "wanting" to be made a law? Thanks for replies.

If you enjoyed reading about "No more small rifle primers being made?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Chicken-Farmer
September 5, 2011, 01:45 AM
Sounds like your friend is having a bit of fun at your expense!

Josh45
September 5, 2011, 01:59 AM
I don't think so? I haven't heard this and the last time I was at my regular reloading store, They seem to have not heard about this either. They must have had about 10k small rifle primers..

788Ham
September 5, 2011, 02:08 AM
Thanks guys, I hadn't heard anything either, but sometimes things do get missed. I appreciate your time.

ranger335v
September 5, 2011, 10:12 AM
Some folk will start a silly story like that just to see who will believe it.

Encoreman
September 5, 2011, 10:24 AM
Okay tell your friend there is a possibility that he will win the lottery. A very, very small possibility. It is rumors like this over the past several years that have plagued the reloading community. Tell your friend to show you cold hard facts or keep his theories to himself.

Cearbhall
September 5, 2011, 10:25 AM
Does your friend have a boat load of primers to sell?

beatledog7
September 5, 2011, 10:29 AM
If it were true the price on existing stocks would be through the roof. It isn't.

Just about every rumor has a $$ angle. Trace that, and you'll eventually find either the truth or the motivation behind the lie.

BoilerUP
September 5, 2011, 10:36 AM
Given that the primary round used by our military uses small rifle primers...I'd say this is an epically stupid rumor.

TexasRifleman
September 5, 2011, 02:24 PM
Most of these start with "I heard in a gun store...."

If you enjoyed reading about "No more small rifle primers being made?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!