IWB holsters with reverse J hook

PDA

wnycollector
September 5, 2011, 11:10 AM
After reading this http://www.highnoonholsters.com/_Questions/Molding_on_front_of_holster/Foward_Cant/0__Cant/_Lining/j_hook.html on High Noon website I got to wondering what makers have reverse J hook as an option?

If you enjoyed reading about "IWB holsters with reverse J hook" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Vern Humphrey
September 5, 2011, 11:21 AM
I make my own holsters and make the "reverse J" hook out of kydex -- cut a strip about 5" long and 1/2" wide and shape it using a heat gun.

The "Common J Hook" is just silly -- it puts all the weight on the waistband of your pants, not on your belt.

TimeIsRunninOut
September 5, 2011, 02:03 PM
They might make them in their shop, contact them wouldn't hurt any.

Vern Humphrey
September 5, 2011, 02:43 PM
If you already have an expen$ive holster you like, you can often convert such a holster into a tuckable with reverse J hooks -- just drill or punch holes on either side of the muzzle and attach the reverse J hooks with Chicago (post) screws. No need to buy a new holster.

wnycollector
September 8, 2011, 05:53 PM
I make my own holsters and make the "reverse J" hook out of kydex -- cut a strip about 5" long and 1/2" wide and shape it using a heat gun.

I might try that...thanks!

Jeb21
September 8, 2011, 11:48 PM
Galco makes holsters with j hooks ,he Scout iwb holsters.

JustSomeDude
September 16, 2011, 02:01 PM
I have one of the "typical" J hook holsters, and I"m not too happy with it. I'm going to convert it to a velcro system so that the belt is supporting the weight.

Vern Humphrey
September 16, 2011, 05:56 PM
I don't know why anyone would offer holsters with the "J hook" design -- it puts all the weight on the waistband of your pants. The only thing the belt does is keep the holster from coming up with the gun when you draw.

If you enjoyed reading about "IWB holsters with reverse J hook" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!