Taurus 709 Slim holster

PDA

Big20
September 5, 2011, 10:36 PM
Anybody know of a good IWB rig that has a tab that insulates my love handles from the whole side of the gun. I have a Galco but it does not come up high enough like my Mitch Rosen does for my Kahr CW9. Don't laugh but I actually like my cheapie Uncle Mike's synthetic because it lacks the bulk of leather but none (that I know of) of them hold the 709 up high enough to get a good draw.

If you enjoyed reading about "Taurus 709 Slim holster" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
TheBurns
September 6, 2011, 07:01 PM
I'd like to have one as well, perhaps one to carry in my lower back at the 6 position. I would also be interested in a shoulder holster... Here's the catch... mine has to be left handed.

The Lone Haranguer
September 6, 2011, 07:08 PM
High Noon makes at least some of their IWB holsters for this gun, and most of them have the body shield. http://highnoonholsters.com/Product_Line/Belt_Holsters/Inside_The_Waistband/inside_the_waistband.html

gearhead
September 6, 2011, 09:54 PM
Check out a Kholster or Crossbreed Supertuck. I carry my Slim in a Kholster but I think the Supertuck is made a little better.

TheBurns
September 7, 2011, 12:07 AM
I looked the Supertuck over and ordered one to fit the slim... now all I need is the gun...

weregunner
September 7, 2011, 06:46 AM
This might be of help for the holster.

http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/700s/

There is a sticky about 700 holsters.

JTQ
September 7, 2011, 08:03 AM
I second the High Noon recommendation. Their sweat shields are tall and typically provide more coverage than others.

TheBurns
September 30, 2011, 10:37 PM
old faithful holsters sells a kit to make any kind you want for like. 30 bucks. the finished product would look like a supertuck.

If you enjoyed reading about "Taurus 709 Slim holster" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!